1990 Paul Donohue Max OR

Neilios":3vcofcv1 said:
Cykik was a bike shop on Wilson Street in Middlesbrough in the early '90s, they sold some extremely cool stuff. A good mate of mine designed the logo for them!

Thanks for the info. All i knew was that it was a team, i didnt know it was a shop team. Do you by any chance know the names of any of the riders from back then?

Cheers

Mark

I have the same sticker in the same colour on my childhood toolbox, so I think it could be just a sticker.

I think they sponsored a few lads, but I don't remember them running a team as such, or any of them riding a Donohue. Could be wrong though! The bikes I remember were Funks and Fishers, that sort of thing. I'll ask my mate when I see him, think he's still in touch with the lad who had the shop.

Neilios":3l8vl5zw said:
I have the same sticker in the same colour on my childhood toolbox, so I think it could be just a sticker.

I think they sponsored a few lads, but I don't remember them running a team as such, or any of them riding a Donohue. Could be wrong though! The bikes I remember were Funks and Fishers, that sort of thing. I'll ask my mate when I see him, think he's still in touch with the lad who had the shop.

That would be great thanks.

I have seen references to a Cykik Fisher team from the early '90s before. One of the previous owners apparently rode for the team as well before buying this bike. Have been trying to discover the original owner but no luck yet :)

Mark

Hi Mark,

I called in to see another mate last night, turns out he used to race for Cykik. They were a proper team, and they were on Fishers as you say. He's trying to remember who else rode for them. Will let you know if anything turns up. It would be really cool to find the original owner!

The names that Andy remembers are:
Andy Mee
Kris Muir
Vince Potter

Maybe that's of some use?

The lads that had Cykik were Alun Pearson and another guy, Saddington maybe?

Neilios":2t63fpld said:
The names that Andy remembers are:
Andy Mee
Kris Muir
Vince Potter

Maybe that's of some use?

The lads that had Cykik were Alun Pearson and another guy, Saddington maybe?

Thanks again for taking time to research and post.

Unfortunatly the only info i have on the owner is his name was Paul, he was from Redcar, he bought the frame in '90 and raced it for a season and that he rode for Cykik Gary Fisher and then for Rocky Mountain. Not sure of the years though.

He sold it to Ian Cation who rode it for Back 2 (to) bikes in Great Ayton in North Yorkshire, around '90 '91

Mark

Cation doesn't remember it I'm afraid :(

The other lad my mate remembers from Cykik/Fisher was Andy Moorhouse.

This is like a game of Cluedo and the “who do it mystery”

Never heard of any of the above before, but still interesting reading

Retro Spud":39wqg7jz said:
This is like a game of Cluedo and the “who do it mystery”

Never heard of any of the above before, but still interesting reading

I wasnt much good at that either :roll: :)

Back