Merlin titanium

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your messages : this merlin ti is more popular than some of my sunn !

I bought cables and a chain at lunch time and I took the deore fd of my wife bike so I will be able to do the first ride soon.

I still have to find a new front m95- derailleur but they are very expansive thoses days on ebay...

:cool: looking good. only thing i would change is the stem to something that could better compliment the rest of the build. Syncros stems are great, but looks a tat "chunky" in comparison.

Re:

I agree with you about the design of the syncros stem, that's why it's not on my sunns with steel tubes.

If I didn't have the syncros seatpost I would have probably choose a stem like the one I have on my sunn dix :

http://www.servimg.com/view/19216255/152

However, compare to my sunn ti made by morati, the merlin is also a bite "beefy" :LOL:

RockiMtn":3b5c2jbw said:
i did the same and switched over to a Syncros stem briefly when i changed from threadless to threaded fork. but it didn't look right to me. but now i'm good with an Ibis replacement! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=84260&start=163

I would have done the same as you (threated) if I had chosen m900 ;)

To be frank, I didn t expected that the frame would come with the chris king headset :LOL:

I did the first ride in the neighbourhood today and I think I have a problem with the lengh of the steerer tube which is just at the limit of the bolt system of the stem.

I had the tube on an other pace and I m not sure about the origine, there is no clip so I suppose it is not pace :|

I did the first real ride yesterday but on macadam because the bike is is still without the fd.

I was afraid that the frame would be too small but with the long seatpost and stem it was quite the same as my bigger bikes. I can probably go down 1 or 2 cm more one the seatpost.

Today, not a bargain, but I won a nos fd m952 for 57 euros in usa inclufing taxes and shipping.

I will be able to ride the bike with no fear of damages on the bb area of the frame.

Back