Re:

How was your winter commuter in the end, buddy?

Well, it's now spring, so?

Mike

Yes, as soon as I get the work I need to done on my main commuter I will switch back to that and give the Prometheus its spring service.

Winter commuting went well, though there was no need to switch to the winter tyres I'd bought. The bike did feel a bit slow - I'm not really sure why, but I'm hoping that it was either me or that a service will make it feel better.

In terms of being low maintenance it worked really well. The mudguards did their job well and the titanium frame is soooo easy to quickly wipe clean.

I'll make sure I have it even better set up for next year!

Farewell faithful friend:

29087575_559223691115167_1896081465360252928_n.jpg

I always knew that was a risk and I certainly got my money's worth. I'll try not to think about the pedestrian who caused it.

I can hold off for now on working out a replacement until I know whether I will be commuting by bike next winter.

I'd certainly jump at the chance of another titanium frame to build a winter commuter, given how easy it is to keep clean and corrosion-free.

If anyone is interested in this frame as a wall-hanger or even to get it repaired again, let me know. I'm not keen to post it, but may well be able to drop it off somewhere convenient.

As a happy ending, I sold this broken frame at Sheffield Cycle Jumble.

The buyer is a titanium welder. He wasn't very impressed with the quality of welding on the previous repair, but plans to fix it and sell it, so it may show up again somewhere. Hopefully it will be back on here and get built up for off-road, instead of just as a winter commuter, which I felt guilty about.

Hi, I met you on saturday I have the Marin Pine Mountain and Team Ti - I came over and looked through your stall a little after you sold this.

Some nice bikes you have there, really like the Richter 8.0...

starmagsi":34rhku1r said:
Hi, I met you on saturday I have the Marin Pine Mountain and Team Ti - I came over and looked through your stall a little after you sold this.

Some nice bikes you have there, really like the Richter 8.0...

It was good to chat with you. I really enjoyed having a stall at the bike jumble.

I like the Roox seatpost on your Pine Mountain. Any more progress with the Team Ti?

The Roox post actually came as part of a bulk buy of parts, I hadn't been looking for it in particular but it is nice. It's actually quite useful as it's 27.0 and the Pine Mountain is 27.2 that has been over-tightened so the Roox fits nicely.

The Team Ti has been built up, ridden and then stripped down again. I'm going to spend the winter re-finishing the frame I think.

I see you are selling a fair few parts at the moment? Trimming down the collection?

Sounds like a good purchase. I have Roox cranks and a stem on my RSP and I really like them.

I'll look forward to seeing the rebuild of the Team Ti.

I'm moving abroad for work, so anything I don't sell has to go into storage. My goal was to get down to 5 bikes/frames and as many parts as fit in one set of drawers, but not getting close yet, so I don't know whether it will be paying for more storage or selling some of the things I haven't been able to bring myself to part with yet.

Yes, it was a really good purchase actually. There was an awful lot bundled into one batch, wheels, forks, bars, stems etc.

Right, how long have you got 'til you move?

Latest posts

Back