1996 WTB Phoenix

cce":dmobiose said:
i'm betting those pictures meant you paid a lot less than the usual rate for them

Let's just say I sealed the deal as quickly as I was comfortable doing so. It always helps being the first to reply...

Not nearly as nice a day, but just as much fun, riding in a puddled downpour! I had enough of front suspension, so I put some suspension corrected P2 forks, a shorter 120mm stem and low rise titanium Titec bars. Also replaced the big ring with an Envy bash guard. Starting to feel dialled in fit-wise. Although it was a slippery greasy ride, I was loving the ride quality of the Phoenix more than ever. If you stay centered over the bike and look up trail, you're gonna clean whatever is in front of you. Damn fine bike!

I was having issues with the seatpost slipping on rides (seems to be a common Phoenix issue), but a little bit of graphite paste instead of grease in the seat tube has solved that problem handily. What I really need is a longer post!

20171112_150617 by shamalama88, on Flickr

Best to ride a green bike on St. Patty's Day! I have made a couple of minor tweaks to the Phoenix (ti stem, higher rise Titec HellBent bar, longer seatpost with setback), that give the perfect fit, for me. The bike disappeared under me today, and I had a great ride, cleaning many sections that I can struggle with on any given day. The steering was super precise, I just kept my eye on the line I wanted and the wheels followed. No wheel flop in the slower technical stuff. This bike is quickly rising up the ranks of my riders, top 3 for sure!

20180317_115432edit by shamalama88, on Flickr

20180317_115442 by shamalama88, on Flickr

20180317_115615 by shamalama88, on Flickr

20180317_115627edit by shamalama88, on Flickr

20180317_115653edit by shamalama88, on Flickr

Back