A dream come true…1994 MC2 Klein Adroit Nightstorm.

Akula":3dinfheq said:
Going round Bukit timah on it then:)

Where is that wall?

Nah, I really don't wish to wreck this frame up. The Wall's somewhere in the west. Can't reveal too much, unfortunately. :LOL:

Frame: 19" Klein Adroit

Fork: Rock Shox Judy

Headset: Klein
Stem: Klein MC2
Handlebar: Klein MC2

Brakes: M900 XTR
Brake Pads: Kool Stop
Brake Cables: -
Cantilever cable hangers: Paul
Brake Levers: M910 XTR

Shifters: M910 XTR
Front Derailleur: M900 XTR
Rear Derailleur:M900 XTR
Cassette: M950 XTR
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: Kooka 175mm
Bottom Klein
Pedals: Crank Bro

Hub Skewers: Salsa Ti
Rims: Araya (model unknown)
Hubs: American Classic front & Soul Kozak rear
Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
Tyres: Panaracer Magic

Saddle: SDG Ti
Seatpost: Ringle Moby 316

Weight: ??

dancingjack":pbv88upd said:
Confirmation from two sources. First from the ex-owner and the other, came from the riding buddy of the first owner. There were only 2 Night Storm which landed on my shores here in Singapore and 1 of which belongs to me now.

I do not question your knowledge over Klein Bikes neither will I do so. But one thing which majority of the Klein owners do agree is that a lot of the stuffs they did weren't exactly documented even when it came to the specific quantity, template and colour codes.

Like I mentioned, I would be more than happy to take some high resolution pictures for all to judge and debate about. I did examine the fork numerous times and the fork does match the frame's paint job, painted by Jim in 1994.

Have a great day!

;) ;)

You're absolutely right, Klein did lots of special things and had paintjobs made that are not listed in any of the catalogs like Cosmic, Graffiti, Gossamer and Pearl Black. Some of the bikes have proto parts like MC1 & MC2 stems that have a possibility to use any kind of handlebar in them.
So in that sense it could have been possible that they painted some suspension forks too. If that's the case, then you're very lucky guy! :)

I was not trying to 'steal your thunder', just wanted to debate about its originality. ;)

Archangel":31yccd1t said:
You're absolutely right, Klein did lots of special things and had paintjobs made that are not listed in any of the catalogs like Cosmic, Graffiti, Gossamer and Pearl Black. Some of the bikes have proto parts like MC1 & MC2 stems that have a possibility to use any kind of handlebar in them.
So in that sense it could have been possible that they painted some suspension forks too. If that's the case, then you're very lucky guy! :)

I was not trying to 'steal your thunder', just wanted to debate about its originality. ;)

No worries man. ;)

I just looked through your gallery and I love all your 3 Kleins! I'm really surprised by the 95 Coral Reef Adept! I have a Quantum Pro in the Coral Reef scheme and wouldn't sell it at all. It's just a lovely blend of colours… :twisted:

To me the fork painting is a different artist.
The lightning is a totally different style.
Perhaps a different 'Klein' painter perhaps not?

J

Probably not the best documentation shots so far. But this is by far the most flattering shot I've managed to capture despite the very bad condition when I first got it.

Those stickers were totally dried up and I had to slowly peel them off to prevent any paint chipping off the frame. The chain and cassette was in such a bad state, I had to scrub them with a metal brush just to clean it up.

The groupset and wheels as you can see weren't era specific. The seat post and saddle was pretty bashed up and the plastic spacers were all dried up.

IMG_5235.jpg

IMG_5238.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

Here it is, now lined up with the other Kleins in my home.
IMG_5354.jpg

klein

Nice Bike!

Interesting debate about the fork....
A question that pops up my mind: the frame was painted in 1994. How does a 1995 introduced fork end up in a 1994 painted klein? Could be the forks were already available to Klein in 1994 of course or the frame was in the factory till 1995. To me it looks they might have painted not at the same time.....
Also the lightning does look different on the fork compared to on the frame.
I am afraid I have to go with Archangel....
Gee, I wish Carsten was still on retrobike, he would probably have known....

Oh, and your other Kleins: real cool!

:)

Re: klein

Thanks man. Well, the fork is really debatable and I almost passed the chance on purchasing this because of the fork. But I guess we just leave it as it is. :roll:

obi-wan-mtb":9aep26q7 said:
Nice Bike!

Interesting debate about the fork....
A question that pops up my mind: the frame was painted in 1994. How does a 1995 introduced fork end up in a 1994 painted klein? Could be the forks were already available to Klein in 1994 of course or the frame was in the factory till 1995. To me it looks they might have painted not at the same time.....
Also the lightning does look different on the fork compared to on the frame.
I am afraid I have to go with Archangel....
Gee, I wish Carsten was still on retrobike, he would probably have known....

Oh, and your other Kleins: real cool!

:)

Re:

I just gotta say this. I'm from Singapore. And if there were two Nightstorms in Singapore, this has got to be the one that i was drooling over when I was a teenager in the bike shop. I remember it to be an Adroit as well. What are the odds.

Back