1994 Yeti ARC-AS Reboot COMPLETED Page 2

Re: 1994 Yeti ARC-AS Reboot

Smithjss70":1w9a98my said:
Retro Spud":1w9a98my said:
yeti_bomb":1w9a98my said:

True, but whats not to like about a well dressed Yeti !

curiosity is getting the better of me and I've gotta ask..... where the hell is that NOS rear reflector going :shock:

I removed it from the bike in question Nick and it shall go back on along with the cassette cover and spoke reflectors. Did you need one?

I’ll pass the generous offer up if it’s all the same with you, since we ride on the opposite side of the road to you guys your spoke refectors might not work here in the UK

Re:

Took some time to dial in the DKG braces and now have them locked down. For whatever reason, Dave use to ship his Strongarms with lower quality hardware and washers to offset the distance needed from the bosses and the brakes. Unsatisfied with the aesthetic, I turned some custom stainless steel spacers and finished them with some Yeti RAL 5018 powder.

Here are the spacers & hardware that originally came with the braces.

Amn1Ix.jpg

And installed if as suggested...no thank-you!

upl3FP.jpg

Here is how I landed with some nice titanium M6 bolts. Much cleaner.

hKEjh1.jpg

A few shots in process. Yes...Anti chain suck is upside down.

vyhr5d.jpg

7xaETW.jpg

IAovsQ.jpg

YfwHcE.jpg

1zPqyx.jpg

I should have this thing buttoned up soon but am taking my sweet time making sure everything is like it should be.

Ugh. Having trouble removing the BB. Seems someone used some locktite on the threads. Fuuuukkk

Re: Re:

ridevintagemtb":2485tv6z said:
Never did get a Speedcase in the Missy bike. Regretted it always.

Awesome Jason, as usual.

Still one of my all-time favorites is your Missile bike. Thanks for the kind words Mike!

Finally finished this one up and everything works really well. The boosters were a royal PITA to setup in conjunction with the SCs but their properly dialed.

HVnWP0.jpg

gSYEWZ.jpg

The Speed Case axle length worked perfectly for the aggressive chainstays and cranks so the chain line and subsequent shifting is smooth and efficient with the M900.

YFlyNy.jpg

Hg9Ubn.jpg

M900-Speed Trap and Joy Stix detail

bD2SaG.jpg

Cockpit detail

KzqurS.jpg

ogZh9a.jpg

w3nsMS.jpg

FD pulley & anti-chain suck thingamajigger :D

mo8X63.jpg

Yeti was such a formidable team on the race circuit that they had a major tire company oem their own rubber! These MFers took several years to find new.

kCtPQR.jpg

Moby installed backwards as with all of my Ringle-posted bikes :roll: I bought all new Ti hardware for all applicable components.

vNTSDX.jpg

Like the racy look of the zero degree stem and the flush fit to the HS. The guides were pretty easy to replace and pop rivet back in once I built up the courage. If anyone needs rivet info let me know. I checked with FTW prior to buying them.

ybOYh5.jpg

Random

BrpRCL.jpg

Cool shot of the RAL 5018 powder coated aluminum spacers & Ti bolts

RuWdgC.jpg

Obligatory profile shot

qvP9Cf.jpg

This build is obnoxiously blingy to a fault I know but that was the course I set forth from the beginning. I saw a similar bike in 1994 at the NORBA Championship Series in Helen, GA and promised myself I'd have one some day so here we are.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/deanthorn ... 0/sizes/o/

Thanks for all the support and help I've received sourcing parts and info from this very forum!

I may have to get out the lycra, suit up, punch my ticket and go for a ride this weekend. :LOL: :facepalm:

Cheers!

gkWLDx.jpg

0CHn0k.jpg

EsDtE6.jpg

Back