Orange Tip Find

Yep looks a lot like my '94 clockwork, but there should be a S/N underside the bottom bracket which will give a better idea.

Mine had a bottom pull front mech, and a pulley at the back of the seat tube that reversed the cable direction. You may not still have the pulley - it might even have a top pull mech, but if there's a threaded boss at the back of the seat tube, near the bottom bracket that's what it's for, and that would place it as 93/94.

The 1992 and earlier clockworks had a braze-on cable gude on the bottom bracket.

Top work getting the alu stalk in the £15 deal also :)

Thanks Randondam, appreciated!

The pulley is still all present and correct, I found this colour scheme in the 93 catalogue, it looks like the Clockwork sticker is a thing of the past!

The alu stalk is nice, and the bars are matching orange fare, also a plus. I noted in the 93 catalogue the bar and stem look anodised as they have an orange colour to them.

Really can't wait to take it out for a ride!

I know... I'm just glad to have saved it, and it has gone to a good home. I thought £15 was super cheap, but one of the guys working at the tip told me I should have knocked the guy in the tip shop down! When he said £15 I couldn't get me wallet out quick enough!

Re:

Top score! My Clockwork also came from the tip all be it in a much sorrier state than yours.
Looks in really good order :)

Thanks! Yes, it's in good nick, I've discovered that the seat post is the wrong size ( slightly too big) so I'm now on the look out for a decent 26.8, I've also got to replace the pedals as the originals are cracked. Sherlylock of this good forum ( and fortunately a good friend) found some in his man cave, so all I need now is some time to sort it! I was very fortunate!

Re:

Thats a beaut and im glad my local tip dont sell bits or I'd be there every day!

I once saw a Pinarello in the scrap metal bin at mine, albeit and older steel one, but a Pinarello non the less!
Wouldn't let me have it : (

Back