1993 Raleigh Dynatech Orge

maddadof4

Dirt Disciple
Hi all

Ok was a registered user before but cannot for the life of remember my login details, so i have started again as a new user.

So today i collected a dream bike from my childhood, the bike is a 1993 Raleigh Dyna-Tech ORGE.
The bike was owned from new by the owner of Tracey Maids in Long Eaton Mr David West, the bike for the most part has lived in Spain.

17" 2125 dyna-tech frame running deore dx with xt thumbshifters, she has had a bit of a clean today and is now running a xt short cage rear mech, i will be changing the front mech over to xt aswell in the future. The bar ends have been removed for a cleaner look, just need to get a BB sorted and headset service and new handle bar grips.
Be kind on the comments and also have a suede Vetta saddle to be added.
Pics attached.

Attachments

• dynatech.JPG
    dynatech.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,075
  • IMG_4668 dyna.JPG
    IMG_4668 dyna.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 1,075
  • IMG_4669 dyna.JPG
    IMG_4669 dyna.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,071
  • IMG_4671 dyna.JPG
    IMG_4671 dyna.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,073
  • IMG_4676 dyna xt.JPG
    IMG_4676 dyna xt.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,070
  • IMG_4680 dyna.JPG
    IMG_4680 dyna.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,072
  • IMG_4681 dyna.JPG
    IMG_4681 dyna.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,075
dyna tech

hi, awesome bike,im well jealous, one of Raleighs best colour combinations.
personally i would keep the bar ends but maybe swap them for some xlite stubbies or similar.
is that a lovely zoom stem.

andy

Re:

Andy

Already taken them off, really love the colour shines in the sunlight.
Rides sweet just need to sort a new BB and replace the headset not sure of size.
Will be sorting a full strip down over the next few weeks when I've got the bits I need.

Re:

Nice find and looks pretty original, I've got one of these that I've owned from new. One thing though, that is a 92 year ogre not 93.

I'd be interested to see some close up shots of the decals as I had some replacements made but wasn't sure on the colours (I removed the originals years ago when they got damaged).

Re: 1992 Raleigh Dynatech Orge

Noted Dynacol

Will send you some pictures tomorrow, brakes are 987 and did have deore dx mechs but changed them for xt m735 short cage will change front mech soon.

Re:

Bike looks good, always liked the Raleigh Dyna-tech bikes, the decals on the three main tubes are pretty "unique", very 1990's.
Nice to know a bit about the history of the bike too.

Re: Re:

garethfj":1q1x7l2u said:
If memory serves me well; It's named after Baintha Brakk a mountain in the Karakorams (a.k.a "The Ogre"), first climbed by Chris Bonington in 1977 who was involved in marketing this bike in 92. I'm sure there was a marketing pic of him with either this bike or the Ogre XT but I can't find it online.

Back