FINISHED - Pace RC200 F1 with special RC35s. Pics on Page 6

It is not so much that it is French that I am objecting to more that it is black. An uncoloured alloy one would be better.

Is this an F1 or F2, few comments in the thread suggest F2 as does the seat collar not being integrated into the frame, as on the F1.

Re: Re:

as I mentioned.......F1 or F2

Rich":a1spuuuv said:
Lovely, nice to see a custom F2, along with the longer travel RC35 forks. I could imagine it'll be fairly hard to source an inch UK stem for the build, but loving the idea of a British build

Be careful with a shimmed post though, I caused a crack in my F1 frameset having a shimmed x lite post which thank heavens was able to be repaired... you'll need a 27.0 seatpost if I'm not mistaken.

I also like the idea of a Canadian crossover, love syncros kit and it would look lovely on that frame

Cheers, watching this build with interest

Rich

Re: Re:

F1 Team. No frame number as it’s a one off.

Bollox64":2zz2b9ou said:
Rich":2zz2b9ou said:
Through my sad and extensive research (lol) I'm happy it's an F1, or a frame built around the concept from 92.

The F2 frameset came out late 92 early 93.

If Duncan (McDonald) built the frameset with Magura dropouts he may well remember building it... On my front page is details regarding his current website, I'm sure he wouldn't mind answering that question?

Either way, not many stock F1's built and this of course would be the rarest of them all :shock:

Once again thanks for the journey, and enjoy all you've accomplished, something a little special about Pace bikes eh

I wrote to Duncan, and he replied as below

Hi Alec,
It over twenty years since I was making Pace frames, so my memory of specific frames is somewhat sketchy. The RC200s were all made with cantilever bosses apart from some team bikes which had the Magura mounts. I still have the original RC100 prototype which I hope to have finished restoring this year.
All the best,
Duncan.

So, a Team issue RC200 it is :D :cool:

Back