91 Zaskar build

Re:

I also had a few minutes to touch up the paint on the cranks.

Attachments

• cranks1.jpg
    cranks1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 603
  • cranks2.jpg
    cranks2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 603
Re:

Frame is starting to look sweet, though personally I would set fire to the 93ish LX groupset and hunt some more deserving XT tackle :cool:

Re:

I have a 95 zaskar le that is nearly all original with XTR M900 and syncros parts. It has the old skin wall tires and a flite seat. I just enjoy having it around. I'm afraid to ride it and damage those parts. I plan to ride this bike so I'm fine with the LX parts. They are functional and look good. Also I feel less guilty if something gets damaged.

Re:

What a great day. I spent the morning polishing this up while watching Breaking Bad. There are some deep scratches that won't polish out but I looks much better. Her is a before and after with a couple extra pictures.

Attachments

• Z1.jpg
    Z1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 557
  • polished zaskar2.jpg
    polished zaskar2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 557
  • polished zaskar1.jpg
    polished zaskar1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 557
  • polished zaskar3.jpg
    polished zaskar3.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 557
Re:

Nice job on the polishing.

I think the black LX groupset will look great against the silver. It'll be another 'different' Zaskar build too, so what's not to like?

Gil just told me that he took the decals the the post office today. I have a U-brake coming and my shifter/leavers came a couple days ago. I'm going to pick up some sandpaper, primer, black paint and clear coat today so I can start on the fork and stem. This should start coming together in the next couple of weeks.

Back