Warning Magnesium (Mg) Content - 1993 Kirk Revolution LX

Re:

A 93 Kirk LX is one rare beast, even rarer in that condition :D this ones from the second series of Revolutions and harks from the era that Dawes owned the brand.

Looking at the 92 catalogue I've got, it lists the range in the following order
C10 Altus (Purple Blue) the bargain basement model
the slightly better A20 Altus (Grey) which I have but but now wearing XT

and the flag ship LX (Burgundy) Model complete with Reynolds 531 Geo Max Forks and shod with Conti Supercross tyre
... and billed as "this bike is the everything you'll need to break the pack"

before the Dawes tie up there was a comparable version to this one ^^ the Black framed LX400 but that came with a standard fork so Jussa's still got the top dog.

looking forward to better pic's and the low down on its unique riding qualities ( :LOL: )

if you ever get board you can always chop it up and exercise your demons in the man cave :LOL:

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":o2gxkft6 said:
A 93 Kirk LX is one rare beast, even rarer in that condition :D this ones from the second series of Revolutions and harks from the era that Dawes owned the brand.

Looking at the 92 catalogue I've got, it lists the range in the following order
C10 Altus (Purple Blue) the bargain basement model
the slightly better A20 Altus (Grey) which I have but but now wearing XT

and the flag ship LX (Burgundy) Model complete with Reynolds 531 Geo Max Forks and shod with Conti Supercross tyre
... and billed as "this bike is the everything you'll need to break the pack"

before the Dawes tie up there was a comparable version to this one ^^ the Black framed LX400 but that came with a standard fork so Jussa's still got the top dog.

looking forward to better pic's and the low down on its unique riding qualities ( :LOL: )

if you ever get board you can always chop it up and exercise your demons in the man cave :LOL:

Thanks for the great positive comments, overwhelmed by the welcome this new project has received :LOL:

Anyway onwards with the Kirk, and a mahusive thank you to RetroSpud (Nick) for delving deep in his Man Cave and finding me a lovely set of LX Lever/Shifters and a full set of LX Canti's :p Apart from the wheels/hubs this completes the LX Groupset on the bike and certainly takes it a big leap forward to its catalogue spec target.

Cheers once again Nick, much appreciated with the super swift service and love the Field Promotion too :facepalm:

Attachments

• IMG_6293.jpg
    IMG_6293.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,212
Re:

Glad the Levers and Brakes arrived safe and sound...and have now moved on to a better place.

there was a small leaving party for them before they departed... :LOL:

With the title of your thread referencing the Chemical Symbol for Magnesium it brought back memories of the tedious hours we spent at school learning the Periodic table and Chemical symbols... the only standout pleasurable bit was setting fire to Magnesium, but given all the comments already I don't think I was alone in enjoying its pyrotechnic properties :D
I daren't think what would have ensued had we got our hands on a whole Kirk rather than a tiny whisper of Magnesium and the Bunsen burner

If it weren’t for Carbon, Mg would be top of the tree as far as Atomic Numbers go for materials to build frames out of… so just for those who were inflicted with the Periodic table... enjoy

Carbon [C] #6
Magnesium [Mg] #12
Aluminium [Al] #13
Titanium [Ti] #22
Iron/Steel [Fe] # 26
Raleigh Gas Pipe [Gp] #2,560

Did you ever find LX hubbed wheels? I have a pair of 92/93 LX hubs on Campy rims I’m about to bung on eBay...

boxxer":3q28y31a said:
Did you ever find LX hubbed wheels? I have a pair of 92/93 LX hubs on Campy rims I’m about to bung on eBay...

Ooooooooh pm me a link or price maybe we could do a deal outside ebay?

Many thanks

Jussa

Back