1993 Clockwork

cherrybomb

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
So, thanks to wiggviv, my second project for 2018 has arrived...

Rt04cEwl.jpg

zTKpVKpl.jpg

RXv7moWl.jpg

It's actually a very pale grey. Lovely colour in the flesh. The artificial lights don't do it justice.

Let the cleaning begin!...

mQXb2WNl.jpg

wnCwOoEl.jpg

Re:

I know it's always nice to bag shiny NOS parts for a build, but there is something really satisfying about breathing some life into components that have been well and truly 'used'.

FqooXvUl.jpg

NJmGIral.jpg

yl4PxI4l.jpg

0P5U5L7l.jpg

This is going to be great. The polished silver and white is going well :D

Looking forward to some choice black ano details. The Seatpost should be polished too. Black saddle, grips, chainrings, rims I think. Polished xt or dx hubs (maybe get some new logo stickers?). I have some.

lazyrabbit":3f4id3cl said:
This is going to be great. The polished silver and white is going well :D

Looking forward to some choice black ano details. The Seatpost should be polished too. Black saddle, grips, chainrings, rims I think. Polished xt or dx hubs (maybe get some new logo stickers?). I have some.

Cheers chap.

As I said; it's actually a very pale grey rather than white. Its the original colour, though the decals are an earlier style and in a custom colour.

The plan is for some anodised highlights, but not in black ;)

It's been too long since I've had a Clockwork. They always impress me with how well they ride given their humble origins.

Guess I have a soft spot for working class heroes, and if the Clockwork doesn't fit that description, I'm not sure what does.

Re:

Bit more cleaning tonight & as a result I have a pair of refurbed DX shifters...

6Gcgnzxl.jpg

m4Qf23Il.jpg

I found some nice shiny brake cable adjusters in one of the parts boxes, so thought they might work nicely with the newly polished levers.

Getting there slowly :D

o8oSAmGl.jpg

Yes, the colour is unusual, did you say its original? Wasnt sure about polishing the levers but youve done a good job and they look better now mounted.

Re:

It's been repainted, so I'm not sure if the colour is exactly the same as original- it appears pretty close. I know the decals are custom & that it had the more blocky style ones before, but in orange like the ones it has now.

I'd toyed with the idea of having them replaced with the correct style from Gil, but they've grown on me so they'll be staying....for now at least.

This a photo that wiggviv sent me of it before restoration ...

n9vpJvMl.jpg

Back