Proof you can polish a Turd or at least roll it in Glitter!

Re:

The Turds big day out

Quite out of the blue one night I saw a post by Gus regarding a request that came one via one of his old contacts in the trade at Scott Sports UK
requesting help with sourcing some retro Syncros parts for display at an upcoming trade show. Whilst they have all the back catalogues and marketing
documentation they wanted something to physically sit alongside their 2018 kit and highlight the brands pedigree.

Aiming high GUS was hoping for loan of a fully loaded Fat or Klein but would equally welcome a NOS Syncros Seatpost or chainset etc.
Now I have neither a Fat or a Klien nor a NOS seat post etc but I do have a shiny 20 year old bike with shinny Syncros Cranks/Chainrings, Stem and Bar
I’ll be the first to admit it’s not a good looker (in the conventional sense) but never the less for something to catch the eye of passer-by’s its fits the
W.T.F bill well, especially with its Bassboat paint job, shiny arse end, flat bars, Tan walled tyres and 26’ rims…

What folk really thought about it wasn’t the point it was there to show off Syncros parts from the mid 1990’s – hopefully it did the guys from
Scott proud and if nothing else was a nostalgic opener for conversation that ultimately lead onto 2018 Syncros components.

After a re acquaintance with a bit of elbow grease and Peeks metal polish its previous lustre was once again restored and off it went for a long
weekend over at Silverstone.

and here it is..... one of the ugly sisters got to go to the ball :LOL:

Attachments

• show 3.jpg
    show 3.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,141
  • show 2.jpg
    show 2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,141
  • show 1.jpg
    show 1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,141
Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":nwgvchdv said:
Very cool :cool: :cool:

thanks Mr Green Frog, I actually like this bike a lot and it does scrub up well,

Never set out to own one (who would) it just came up one day and its been very much a case of "sometimes things grow on you"

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":3gzz1e7m said:
"sometimes things grow on you"

I'd seek medical advice.

T'is a good looking bicycle though to be honest. Which is odd, cos I usually think sweet spot URTs look dog ugly. :?

Re: Proof you can polish a Turd (Schwinn FS)

Been following this topic from the beginning...just love your attention to details.

Ah that future shock looks great...

Re:

Dare":ajjq9lyr said:
Been following this topic from the beginning...just love your attention to details.

Ah that future shock looks great...

The Future Shock is something else, the weave really pops under the gloss of the lacquer

cherrybomb":ajjq9lyr said:
T'is a good looking bicycle though to be honest. Which is odd, cos I usually think sweet spot URTs look dog ugly. :?

Just for you Mr Bomb

I came across this via another member who sent me a link regarding an article written by Richard Cunningham on Pink Bike and thought I'd share it with you to see if we can broaden your mind :LOL:

if you've got 5 mins it's an interesting read even for the neutral or hard-line URT hater

...that said I know what you mean about URT's even today the Bow is exquisite whilst the Trek a minger and my Orange X1 is just butt ugly

Back