Dave Yates Diabolo

Missed the unboxing :roll:

Always nice when something turns out better than expected.

And thats one of the things when starting with a blank canvas, chosing the colour or combination of, i would still be tempted with a clear finish or totally the other direction and get every tube a different colour like the second post down on this thread ;) :cool:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=145666&start=110

and i know it was meant as a joke, but pink with all black/graphite campag would look quite nice :)

Mark

Re:

The clear finish is still very tempting. I've got a local powder coaters (who do a lot of custom motorbike work) looking into the possibility of tinted clearcoats. It's not something they've done before, but they like the sound of it.

It would be a relatively cheap option too, so could always be redone if it didn't work out or it started getting rust worms,

There is also part of me that thinks I should just get it re finished in its original colour, which was white, but maybe in a pearl.

...and then there's pink. :D

Re:

I've seen and owned a few Dave Yates bikes and still have a Diabolo; his white frames are often pearlescent which is also used as a base with a colour fade or two over the top.

Re: Re:

NeilM":1grpqkw6 said:
I've seen and owned a few Dave Yates bikes and still have a Diabolo; his white frames are often pearlescent which is also used as a base with a colour fade or two over the top.

Now that sounds better than plain white :)

mkone":175zy0m2 said:
NeilM":175zy0m2 said:

Now that sounds better than plain white :)

:facepalm: Too much choice!

Re:

PINK DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!
ps as a real suggestion pink and campy go together like pretty and me..... :facepalm: ive seen pink roadbikes and they look veeery nice if done properly.....

gibbleking":1a61xhl3 said:
PINK DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!
ps as a real suggestion pink and campy go together like pretty and me..... :facepalm: ive seen pink roadbikes and they look veeery nice if done properly.....

:D

I've got nothing against pink for a bike. I used to lust after the MF Aluminium Pro.

So... is definately in the bag as an option. ;)

cherrybomb":1sf3299s said:
gibbleking":1sf3299s said:
PINK DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I've got nothing against pink for a bike. I used to lust after the MF Aluminium Pro.

So... is definately in the bag as an option. ;)

This bag of yours is getting bigger and bigger :LOL:

Could go with a coloured (pink maybe) flake in the white paint?

Or if, as i suspect you probably are, using a pair of your USE forks, a colour to match them maybe ;)

Re:

Given that the frame is a few years earlier than I first thought, the USE forks will be being saved for another time and I'll be sticking with the original P2s for this build.

Think I might have had a moment of inspiration with the paint though. ;)

Back