85 Overbury's Peak Finder back from the dead

I think if the main shifter body needs trimming that’s a step too far. Will check before I start. If so the bars will get it.

Decided against mangling the shifters as they were nice. The internal diameter of the bars is now a snug greased fit. :D gentle patient work. Yes this is me thm, saying that. When one end got too hot to hold I swapped to the other for about an hour, checking as I went.

My plan all along was to Make up both front ends so either will run the 9 speed v brake setup should I fancy a change. Just thread the cables and you’re good to go.

It’s traditional that I build something in the kitchen during the Christmas holiday so having a break before I tape her up.

Cheers joe.

Bit of dinner, glass of something festive. Got to it. Got told off! Can’t think why. :facepalm:

She’s back in the shed. The bike that is.

The tyres have very little chainstay clearance so might change them for cx comps or a mismatch :mrgreen:

Now you happier you got it done looks right with the bars on glad you didn't butcher them shifter in the end

Some of you know that this year has been an interesting one. Today was the first time since my annual tour that i actually went out on a bike rather than just bimbled around the castle grounds on the latest distraction from the fact that I couldn't really ride.

The Brat was a perfect way to get back in the saddle both literally and figuratively. With the old setup it was a very nice relaxed ride. With the drops :shock: Very very short and twitchy. I like twitchy, makes you focus. The loose stem was another focus point, as were the adjustable levers. Once it was all tightened up things settled down a bit. Reaching for a gear change in combination with the twitchiness required timing until i got my head around the balance issues. After that all that was lacking was a lot of fitness. I like the shifters. The bike is a much different experience to my other Overbury's, thats what i was after. Another character. The rear tyre has been swapped for a 2.1 Panaracer XC Fire Pro that gives more clearance.

Still need to dull down those levers. :cool: Humbrol time.

Back