1994 Kona Kilauea scored... Now with photos!

retrogeezer

Devout Dirtbag
Hi folks, I've not been on for a while but I've just picked up a 94 Kilauea in really nice condition and wondered what I should look for on it.
I would upload some photos but photobucket won't link pics anymore, what do people use now? (pics too big for file upload)

Cheers

RG

Re: 1994 Kona Kilauea scored...

Right, imgur seems to be a good alternative so here are some photos. I think it's mostly original apart from the wheels:

Bg4fMMM.jpg

a8FoQP5.jpg

3STn7CD.jpg

Qzr2taD.jpg

fs7ZgJ9.jpg

3YYzKyY.jpg

F5vEtaX.jpg

NrywdvZ.jpg

lQesuPK.jpg

xHfhbCp.jpg

P6rZ5Dy.jpg

Dj2AXig.jpg

bZuPxsJ.jpg

r8Qjywj.jpg

:cool: lovely, doesnt look in too bab a condition either.

What do you mean "what i should look for"?

Mark

Re:

I'm not sure what parts are original/non-original and read somewhere about a lot of them having a dent on the top tube?
Most Kona's of this era had Project 2 forks so don't know if these Marzochhis should be on it or not, just stuff like that really.

It is in lovely condition, really pleased with it.

most looks period if not original. The nutted wheels may well be cheap later replacements, but you should be able to pick up a nice set of mavic rimmed wheels on here easily enough

I also picked up an early 90's Marin Bear Valley last week (pics of that tomorrow) and that has it's stem top cap too!

Re: Re:

retrogeezer":2afaipzk said:
I'm not sure what parts are original/non-original and read somewhere about a lot of them having a dent on the top tube?
Most Kona's of this era had Project 2 forks so don't know if these Marzochhis should be on it or not, just stuff like that really.

It is in lovely condition, really pleased with it.

Most parts on it are original spec, i have included a couple of links to the catalogue archive with your bikes full spec ;)

The forks were original, the decal on the top tube - mountain shock - was used for models with front suspension.

And lots of bikes end up with dents on the top tube from the bars hitting them in a crash, doesnt mean they all have, my '93 hasnt and a search on here will show countless other Konas without :D

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... 2.jpg.html

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... 3.jpg.html

Mark

Brilliant, thanks Mark. I did find that 2nd link but for some reason the text wasn't readable but it is now from your link :)

I also did wonder that about the mountain shock decal too. Old school BMX is my area of knowledge but I have picked up some lovely old mtb's as well over the years. I have posted a few on here before, a 90 Zaskar LE, a 90 Fire Mountain and a few others. If it's a bike, I like it.

Back