NOS 1995 Litespeed Obed (Finished Pics, pg4)

pencilman77

Retro Guru
My first titanium, and what a find!!

Back Story.... Ever since I did my school work experience at a LBS, I have lusted after something titanium, namely an early Litespeed as someone came into the shop with one and I basically fell in love!
Fast forward 25 years and I’m finally in a position to start looking for my first love again! I saw this advertised on eBay as a Litespeed Pisgah, still with original protective frame wrapping on the stays, never built or used. Seemed too good to be true, and a bit odd as no disc mounts, canti rear hanger etc, so i followed this up, got the serial number and spoke to Litespeed....they confirmed it was a 1995 Litespeed Obed, surely a frame doesn't go 22 years without being used or built????

More digging needed....

Turns out this frame was sitting at the back of a London bikeshop for the best part of 2 decades before it was dug out. They decided to stick new decals on it to try and sell it as a more modern model, at which point the guy i bought it from purchased it....and promptly didnt use it!

So finally, it can be built and used as intended!!

Came in the post today, It truly has never been used, totally immaculate! :cool:

First job will be get all the decals removed and correct model decals fitted (already ordered from Litespeed)

Re: Ti time! Never built Litespeed 1995

Looks really beautiful! So what's the plan?

Build wise....well i was never one to go catalogue build, so im going down a mix and match route...

So period Deore XT groupset, a sprinkle of Pace RC31, a drizzle of Hope, a dash of Ringle, add in a splash of King, serve with Panaracer, Flite and Onza and then I'll see if any additional seasoning is needed!

This is going to be a keeper and will probably evolve as and when funds / parts become available.

Sexy. Lovely project. Updates soon

Some of the bits for the project are begining to trickle in.....

a nice new Chris King black sotte voce headset to go with these forks...
pacerc31.jpg

tasty forks. Keep it rigid :cool:

No progress as yet, still waiting for the decals from Litespeed to arrive, however this is giving me time to collect pretty much all the parts needed, I just hope my wheel choice compliments the bike :)

A bit of pre xmas progress...

Incorrect decals removed, ready for the eventual arrival of correct ones! :)
ls1.jpg

ls2.jpg

Then fitted new bottom bracket and Chris King Sotte Voce headset..

Although this may show an issue with the Pace steerer not being long enough! :facepalm:
ls3.jpg

Back