Marin Team Issue 92

It's a 20" and I'm 6'2", but I haven't set the saddle or bars yet. The seat post is little tight , I think it's the extra nickel plate inside. The headset was pretty tight as well.

Thanks for all the comments, it's so shiny right now I'm scared of scratching it. But the plan is to ride it, so I better get used to some life on it.

It's a 20" and I'm 6'2", but I haven't set the saddle or bars yet. The seat post is little tight , I think it's the extra nickel plate inside. The headset was pretty tight as well.

Thanks for all the comments, it's so shiny right now I'm scared of scratching it. But the plan is to ride it, so I better get used to some life on it.

Great job!
I am riding a marin team issue 92, same finish, since 92 und it also would deserve an overhaul.
How did you do the replating with nickel? For I always thought, for a good replating result it would be necessary to completely remove the old nickel layer. Since nickel is so extremely resistant, did you get it sandblasted? Did you polish the frame then before plating to get such a perfect smooth result? Was the nickel applied galvanic or by chemical procedure? Many questions, after having screened forums on this topic for quite a while now, I can tell you for sure are a lone expert in this field now;-)

Re:

Unfortunately I wasn’t too involved in the actual process. I went to see the workshop and the guy talked me thru enough of he basics to give me confidence into what they were doing. I don’t think they stripped the original coating that much. If you have an existing nickel coat it’s pretty simple. They told me the previous bike frames they handled were paintedEd and needed a lot of work to strip.

I would love to be the man, but unfortunately I was hands off on the plating process

Here's where we are at. still haven't got the correct post.
Rides real nice

Attachments

• marin team 4.jpg
    marin team 4.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 243
  • marin team 3.jpg
    marin team 3.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 243
  • marin team 2.jpg
    marin team 2.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 243
  • marin team 1.jpg