85 Overbury's Peak Finder back from the dead

Isn’t it amazing how some things are meant to be? LGF sent toga v road levers. Then today I’m sitting in Hereford on my lunch break (not my normal booking) and spot 3x9 dura ace bar end shifters finishing in a few minutes. I win them then notice they’re sold by an lbs in Ledbury which is on my way home. Now I have the necessary bits to commit further abuse.

Re:

It was all going so well. Until the charge bars were too narrow to insert the shifters. :facepalm: Had to stick on the original touring bars from my Overbury’s road bike. Very period but not as funky.

Re: Re:

The History Man":1gws3l3i said:
It was all going so well. Until the charge bars were too narrow to insert the shifters. :facepalm: Had to stick on the original touring bars from my Overbury’s road bike. Very period but not as funky.

It was going so well shame about the bars they did look funky. what about modifying the barren shifters so they fit inside the charge bars.

This is a rat budget build. I do have other bars I can try. I could try reaming/grind8ng out the internal diameter of the thicker charge bars as the ends aren’t really a stress point, especially with shifters fitted?

Any thoughts.

No. The wedge bolt needs trimming and the wedges, or the bars need thinning.

It’s probably a mm that needs to come out.

Back