Newbie - Proflex 752 1st build

tiggyfudge

Retro Newbie
Been a keen observer of this site for a while now, so I thought it was about time I posted.
I bought this frame and fork off the bay around a month ago now. I has a few bits lying around and set about building a practical every day commuter for my 10 mile round trip to work.

s-l-by-darren-boreham

Ended up with this .....

img-by-darren-boreham

[https://500px.com/photo/236064347/img-by-darren-boreham/img]

[imghttps://500px.com/photo/236064351/img-by-darren-boreham]

Still awaiting the correct stickers and the components are a bit cobbled together but at least I have a working commuter bike!

Welcome :)

Good job of cleaning that up and getting it running again :cool:

Have you sourced decals yet? Gil m from Retrodecals is the man to see for them if you havent, also a member on here but best contacting through his site.

Mark

Now you've managed to get the pix sorted,
next step up would be to get rid of those cranks. And fit some nice XT or similar. ;) :D

Thias":2qztdw87 said:
Now you've managed to get the pix sorted,
next step up would be to get rid of those cranks. And fit some nice XT or similar. ;) :D

Yes, I couldn't agree more. I scrounged the cranks off an old GT that I stripped a few weeks ago. I just wanted to get the basic bike built up and upgrade when funds allow.

Currently installed and to be upgraded:

Rear mech : Shimano GS200 - Works well but a bit low spec
Cranks : Shimano Biopace - Even lower spec and feels odd when pedaling!
Brakes : Avid SD3 V brakes - Bought new as I could not track down the pivot that attaches to the rear swingarm that the C brakes go through!

I love to fit a set of period forks or a flexistem in future but a 1 1/4 head size and lack of funds mean that I'll have to keep dreaming for now.

mkone":ma9hdsg6 said:
Welcome :)

Good job of cleaning that up and getting it running again :cool:

Have you sourced decals yet? Gil m from Retrodecals is the man to see for them if you havent, also a member on here but best contacting through his site.

Mark

Thanks. I was having trouble finding the correct decals. I'll contact Gil m this week

Maybe put up a search here on the forum for that 1 1/4 Flexstem. Those tend to be very cheap, as no one seems to like those. And in 1 1/4 even less people can actually use them.
Good luck!

Those brake levers, are they V-brake or Cantilever-compatible?

Back