White YO Eddy

Re:

Been planning a white FAT for a few years, just waiting for the right donor bike. Iirc Dr S did a white Yo a few years ago with purple parts....also a stunning looking rig :cool:

Re:

Thanks guys :D

It rides really good and I've realized Yo Eddy M is my size and not ML :LOL:

wyo014.jpg

As you see I have replaced the XT headset against a CK, because it's baseplate was too loose
and also the shells in the c-tube were not quite solid! :?
Does anyone know if there was a xt-730 headset also in smaller than 1 inch dimension?

Re: Re:

Nader":1hwmh4qv said:
Thanks guys :D

It rides really good and I've realized Yo Eddy M is my size and not ML :LOL:

wyo014.jpg

As you see I have replaced the XT headset against a CK, because it's baseplate was too loose
and also the shells in the c-tube were not quite solid! :?
Does anyone know if there was a xt-730 headset also in smaller than 1 inch dimension?

Maaaaannn this is giving me a serious itch to build a white bike....after me saying NO MORE BIKES !

No M730 XT headsets in smaller sizes. Said it before they were pants HS, putted really quickly, cups too soft and nit fit for purpose which was rare for Deore XT of that era. I remember replacing so many under warranty during the first free service of customers bikes bitd ;)

I got it!

That's what I used
wy-xt-jis.jpg

It's a JIS one and not ISO :roll:

ISO fork cone: 26.4 mm, bearing shell: 30.2 mm
JIS fork cone: 27 mm, bearing shell: 30.0 mm

That explains everything ;)

M-Power":mdkdkmkp said:

Maaaaannn this is giving me a serious itch to build a white bike....after me saying NO MORE BIKES !
Just do it :D , a white bike is easy. Fits all, black, silver or colored parts always go.

M-Power":zi4963ss said:

Just do it :D , a white bike is easy. Fits all, black, silver or colored parts always go.[/quote]

I have my eye on a bike but its not what it seems and the seller is trying to craftily pass it off as a much rarer bike for £££. I have had yellow with all black parts. Love that look but i may go Americana red/white/blue on the build ;)

Damn this is lovely. But whats with the Yoeddy sticker being on the cable side? Ive never seen a white Yo before. Lovely!

Just that bottle cage though.. I realise it might be period correct but it still looks odd on there? If were mine Id be fitting a normal alloy cage in black. But not my bike so as you were :)

yoeddynz":1d8ssfkt said:
Damn this is lovely. But whats with the Yoeddy sticker being on the cable side? Ive never seen a white Yo before. Lovely!

Just that bottle cage though.. I realise it might be period correct but it still looks odd on there? If were mine Id be fitting a normal alloy cage in black. But not my bike so as you were :)
I had two stickers, so I've put one on forbidden site :mrgreen: why not..
With bottle cage you are definitely right, changing it will be my next improvement on this bike.

I had a great tour today :D

wyo021.jpg

wyo022.jpg

wyo023.jpg

wyo024.jpg

Cheers

Back