Early orange Prestige project

Re:

It would be a shame to lose the original paint, especially with the non standard decals. Only you know the actual condition though.

As for the parts, it could have had that mix of parts from new as Orange let you chop and change. ;)

Re:

Some action shots of similar Prestige's in Aprils MBUK 1991 magazine. Striking bikes and quite popular in the racing scene BITD! :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_3631.JPG
    IMG_3631.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_3630.JPG
    IMG_3630.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 636
Re:

Some action shots of similar Prestige's in Aprils MBUK 1991 magazine. Striking bikes and quite popular in the racing scene BITD! :cool:

Cool pics - are they your hotrods that I keep eying up on that ebay by any chance?

It would be a shame to lose the original paint, especially with the non standard decals. Only you know the actual condition though.

As for the parts, it could have had that mix of parts from new as Orange let you chop and change. ;)

I did wonder about this, certainly both the DX/XT and suntour look about the right era but having a different front and rear canti is a bit odd. I have my 92 clockwork running Suntour XC pro, and 94 bike I'm going to strip down has XT. I like the XC pro kit a lot.. but I think I'll stick with having it on the '92 clockwork.

Paint's pretty tatty - I've now stripped down except BB and headset cups, and cleaned all the gunge and grease off it, and run a bit of cutting compound over. Already one of the prestige downtube decals which was badly dinked has been partly removed by polishing.. It's plastered all over with chips but I'm thinking of going at it with some humbrol paints and see where that takes me. If it looks like crap afterwards then I might go down the repaint route. :LOL:

Yes, i have a set of hotrods up for sale, although cut quite short unfortunately to 51cm, all the rage obviously back in the 90s, not very comfortable.. ok if you dont have any shoulder blades!
Would be a shame to repaint it, although you clearly can see if the paint work is worth salvaging. Would you go for an orange and white fade respray?

Damn thars a bit roo short for my liking :( nice though

Yeah if I get it resprayed I'd definitely stick to the orange white fade. Its such a classic paint scheme. Its quite classic really, cant believe I've never had an orange in that colour till now!

Re:

Let battle commence..

Weapons of choice, humbrol enamel pots :LOL: half an hour of mixing to get anything close!

Sorry about the out of focus shots, I'll get some better ones.. Once done from a distance the chips are well hidden and the colour match isn't bad.. even though I say myself, but the lumpiness of the enamel is pretty noticable close up..

Might be a few weeks doing this :LOL: I'll keep going and see where it leads

Attachments

• prest-forkoff.JPG
    prest-forkoff.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 589
  • prest-humbrol.JPG
    prest-humbrol.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 589
  • prest-before.JPG
    prest-before.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 589
  • prest-after.JPG
    prest-after.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 589
No messing about. Seem to have done a pretty decent colour match, like youve mentioned getting a neat finish is more difficult. Will be interesting to see the end result.

Re:

Always nice to see another Prestige :D

Looking forward to see how this progresses.

Back