1994 Cannondale Killer V 900

David Gibson

Senior Retro Guru
I've been passing up these frames multiple times over the last few years but I finally broke down and bought one. Luckily there was a matching fork for sale in another auction and I was able to buy that also.

Attachments

• pepp.jpg
    pepp.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,954
  • cann-1.jpg
    cann-1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,954
Re:

Looks to be in great shape for a 22 year old frame, is it all original or a re-paint with few scuffs ?
The forks were a great find, If that was me the forks would have shown up two weeks before the frame, I'd have passed them by and then be kicking myself :?

whats your build plans for it....

Re:

The frame isn't perfect, there are two small dents and some scuffing near the front, but for $40 that's perfectly fine by me. Yes, I don't think that I would have bid on the frame if the forks weren't avaliable in the other auction. The forks had been listed for a couple of months already.
The build will be pretty simple, with spare XT stuff I have sitting around. I just happen to have some coda brakes, brake levers, and handlebar from another bike I owned years ago. Unfortunately, I sold a Coda Magic crank that would have perfect.

Re:

The crank in the lower right is the crank I should have kept for this build.

Attachments

• retrocranks5.jpg
    retrocranks5.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 1,824
Re:

I popped out the dia compe ahedset and pressed in a Chris King headset that showed up on ebay 2 days after I bought the frame. Perfect timing.

Attachments

• cann2.JPG
    cann2.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 1,757
Re:

Are you going to re-instate the Force 40 brake system (if thats what the rocker thing was called)

Re:

Currently building the exact same....don't have the brakes/force 40 bits. Did you find them NOS? Also, anyone suggest a decent replacement should the force 40's be unavailable?
Cheers

Back