1991 Marin Pine Mountain Build

Cetim":via4nccb said:
WandsworthRouleur":via4nccb said:
Cetim":via4nccb said:
Have a better stem for the Pine Mountain now, the other one was off a Muirwoods and had too high a rise.

Needs repainted but so does the whole bike!

Repainting, and then some!

I don't like it too easy!

Easy is boring anyway :LOL: and yes fingers crossed the weather will at least be dry at weekend I hope ;) ..

Re: Re:

Cetim":13jy74qz said:
Rotorhead":13jy74qz said:
Just seen this project and I love it. How are you getting on? I'm hopefully attaching a pic of my 1991 Pine Mountain which I finished early in July. Mine was in pretty good nic when I got it so nothing like what you've taken on. It rides beautifully so it's worth keeping going. One tip: Gil dis me some great decals but some of them were larger proportions than the originals so worth specifying exact sizes if you're going that route.

Can see your pictures now, that looks great, hopefully mine will end up as nice as that.

Cheers

Thanks. I like your stubby bar ends. Not afraid to take a hacksaw to vintage parts!

Forks arrived from a top seller on here.

Here it is mocked up. Will just be prepping for a while now.

Untitled by Mac74, on Flickr

Untitled by Mac74, on Flickr

For about 10 seconds, I did think about just clearcoating it and building it up as is :p

Hi, these both look like great builds. Can I ask which brand of stonechip paint you used to replicate the Zolatone. I have a 91 Pine Mountain stripped and ready to start renovating.
Rick

Thanks for that, mine is a 91 in the darker Zolatone, was looking at a very similar paint myself, will try and pick up a tin of each tomorrow to test.
Rick

Re:

Hadn't seen that one. Looks good.

I'm hopeful it will be tough enough. If not, I'll strip it off and start again.

npn":2wa4y6di said:
Also, I take it you've seen my project here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=364318

While it's lighter grey, it's the result of having the frame professionally sand-blasted and then clear-coated by me.

I thought this was white powdercoat when i first saw it.

It's just sandblasted raw aluminium with a clearcoat?

Any more photos from different angles? Looks tidy.

Back