1991 Rocky Mountain Nimbus

Very nice bike! Quite rare! Hopefully it can be repaired. The only ones I have seen have been cracked too...I'm curious how many of them survived.
Other than the clear coat on this frame, are there any other defining features on the Nimbus frame compared to the Stratos from 1991?

Blizz":mmzxr1op said:
Very nice bike! Quite rare! Hopefully it can be repaired. The only ones I have seen have been cracked too...I'm curious how many of them survived.
Other than the clear coat on this frame, are there any other defining features on the Nimbus frame compared to the Stratos from 1991?

Easton butted aluminum. I owned a Nimbus (and a Stratos) back in the day. I too actually recently found a used frame in Vancouver. No cracks. One day I'll start a build post :).

At the pace I am going with the rebuild Frank will have found another 10 bikes to rebuild.

Wchow16":10ggdih3 said:
Easton butted aluminum. I owned a Nimbus (and a Stratos) back in the day. I too actually recently found a used frame in Vancouver. No cracks. One day I'll start a build post :).

At the pace I am going with the rebuild Frank will have found another 10 bikes to rebuild.
how many years/bikes has it been??? are any of the ones you have even close to being built? :LOL:

yeah, i've been told the Nimbus is Easton butted aluminum tubes, while the Cirrus/Experience and Stratos aluminum aren't butted.

RockiMtn":2t7rsf6k said:
Wchow16":2t7rsf6k said:

how many years/bikes has it been??? are any of the ones you have even close to being built? :LOL:

yeah, i've been told the Nimbus is Easton butted aluminum tubes, while the Cirrus/Experience and Stratos aluminum aren't butted.

Two Rocky's and a Merlin frame, a lot of parts, and no bike mechanic skills means no :(.

Wchow16":36w1dmuw said:
Two Rocky's and a Merlin frame, a lot of parts, and no bike mechanic skills means no :(.
ship everything over to me and i'll put them together for ya! ;)

Wchow16":fymniauv said:
Cool. I watch for the build post :cool:
I knew they were different tubing but I wasn't sure if they were noticeably different without decals or once the frames were bare. There was one for sale here on RBUK a couple years ago that was polished and was wondering if it was really a Nimbus or a Stratos.

RockiMtn":fymniauv said:
Wchow16":fymniauv said:
It seems we are in the same neck of the woods, let me know what tools you need and I'll bring them over...or stop by my garage, I'm happy to help get another Nimbus built up.

Thanks for the offer Blizz. Yeah I think u r in Calgary as well from what I recall. My plan is to get in there myself and learn it. Perhaps over our long winter. I am sure I'll need some advice at some point...

Thanks

Blizz":390sk70l said:
Wchow16":390sk70l said:
Cool. I watch for the build post :cool:
I knew they were different tubing but I wasn't sure if they were noticeably different without decals or once the frames were bare. There was one for sale here on RBUK a couple years ago that was polished and was wondering if it was really a Nimbus or a Stratos.

RockiMtn":390sk70l said:
Wchow16":390sk70l said:
It seems we are in the same neck of the woods, let me know what tools you need and I'll bring them over...or stop by my garage, I'm happy to help get another Nimbus built up.

Back