mk one

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Thought i would post this up here, might motivate me to build it, probably not though so no promises :)

Saw this for sale local to me, it was cheap so thought i would take a chance.

When i collected the bike i did have reservations as it looked a bit worse in person and had a strange musty smell :shock: i assumed the worst and expected it to be seized, rusted and a real nightmare.

As i stripped the bike though i started to notice how good a condition it was in overall, obviously had been used and abused, but not much at all. I expect it was just stored for years, in a room full of damp clothes by the smell of it :LOL: Everything came apart easily and was clean inside, the grease was cleanish and more importantly, nothing was seized, including the bb :cool:

I was planning on cleaning, re wiring and selling on. But the frame has been stood in the stand for a couple of weeks and everytime i pass it i find myself admiring it more and more. i really like some of the features and have always been a fan of Ritchey tubing. I was in two minds until recently reading PeteC's '93 Hammer thread and deciding, for now, to keep it :)

Anyway, enough words, here's some pics

Mark P1010887 (Medium).JPG P1010886 (Medium).JPG P1010885 (Medium).JPG P1010884 (Medium).JPG P1010882 (Medium).JPG P1010880 (Medium).JPG P1010881 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Re:

I was watching that but it wasn't local. I have larger frame of this laying at the back of a shed waiting for inspiration.

Re:

Yes, keep it, build it back up and enjoy it!

If you don't like it, then move it on. ;)

Mike

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":3ul3c1fh said:
I was watching that but it wasn't local. I have larger frame of this laying at the back of a shed waiting for inspiration.

Inspire it wont :LOL:

Mike Muz 67":3ul3c1fh said:
Yes, keep it, build it back up and enjoy it!

If you don't like it, then move it on. ;)

Mike

Think thats the way its going at the moment, not that i have room for other full bikes. Always curious Mike, as to how you store all your bikes, must be frustrating when you want to ride the one right at the back of the room :LOL:

Re:

His shed is a caravan, he drags it around to different places. Grabs a bike out of it, 'pretends' to have ridden it and takes many pictures for here and Facebook.
Then sticks it back in.
That way he has plenty of time to fettle, buy and chat.

Bolted a few parts back on, just needs some cables and chain now P1011160 (Medium).JPG P1011158 (Medium).JPG P1011155 (Medium).JPG P1011154 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Back