1990 Muddyfox Courier Prestige

player":3dehma30 said:
legrandefromage":3dehma30 said:
Looks racy!

Yes I know what you mean.

The stem is pretty long and low that's for sure but the only thing I don't like are the narrow prestige bars.

I stuck a slightly shorter stem with a bit of rise on mine, Zoom was all I could find, in 1 1/4" at the time. I think this is 1" though so the choice is probably better. It made it so much better with less neck crick and I rode it across the country on a tour in 2014. Well worth doing.

Carl

Re:

Cheers tintin, it does take you back doesn't it.Having spent a lot of time in London i always remember ogling bikes used by cycle couriers in bitd! You used to see lots of road runners and explorers as well as the usual tufftrax's and Trekker comps!

Carl I'm already thinking about sticking a Salsa stem on there that I have on my ala carte now I've found a nice roller stem.Its a 130mm with rise although I will keep it like this for a while as I might get used to it :roll:

Nice one THM.

Although im surprised you've never built one already as most for sale are absolute gates!

I couldn't afford a lovely yellow explorer back in the 80s. These early ones still have a great vibe for me. They make me feel wealthy and exciting.

The History Man":3dps279q said:
I couldn't afford a lovely yellow explorer back in the 80s. These early ones still have a great vibe for me. They make me feel wealthy and exciting.

That sounds weird coming from you THM but yes they weren't very cheap bitd and I have to admit my old 88 model I bought in 89 was a lovely riding bike and even though my parents hated the yellow I just loved it ;) ..

Re:

Nice job :cool: I had one of these built up as a singlespeed, I thought it was a fantastic ride, really really nice steel feel. Glad you left the paint too, its lovely in the sun.

Re: Re:

kaiser":2h4yy239 said:
Nice job :cool: I had one of these built up as a singlespeed, I thought it was a fantastic ride, really really nice steel feel. Glad you left the paint too, its lovely in the sun.

Cheer's amigo :cool:

I was going to single speed it like your's but decided i didn't need another one!

Back