retromodding, previously Alpinestars Cro-Mega done page 3

Re: retromodding, previously Alpinestars Cro-Mega photos added

ok, the update took too long but the bike was finished in time for eurobike as planned. Rides sweet looks sweet and a little gooffy which is perfect for me. First ride was 50k with some neighbours, it only needed a little sadlle adjustment. I've allready converted it with automatic gearshift rearwheel as I had to do some climbing. I will bring it back to original spec real soon as I hate the bulky looks of the rear wheel and the added battery, as well as the added weight. No use for a full spec list as the parts are way too moddern for this site, if anybody wants spec info let me know, I might change my mind.

Attachments

• stars_1.jpg
    stars_1.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 478
  • stars_2.jpg
    stars_2.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 478
I must have missed this. Very nice, I would be interested in the spec sheet. What size is the frame? How is the riding position with these bars?

Re:

Nice job. Neat idea using an E stay to get around having to split the frame for the belt drive.

How do you find the carbon belt drive?

Belt works great, you must allign it perfectly otherwise there's some noise and grumbly ride feel of the belt touching the centre track. I love the fact you can ride it in any condition without having to clean it and lube it. Pants always stay clean and never get grabed by the chainring.

Sorry Ferry missed your post. Frame length is good, the bars are prety low, good for racing but I might change to a stem with a little rise. Frame size is 20" top tube is 23" wheelbase is 104cm. It is not as short as it looks and I like the post without setback. It's a bike I should have build years ago, a do it all bike that is fast but stil strong enough for my riding style ;)

Back