Ridgeback 702 lx forest bike build

Re: Re:

kingbling":1539oghq said:
MR OX":1539oghq said:
toomanyframes":1539oghq said:
That's not an efi.
Someone knows what they're looking at ;)

Takes a second look and notices the intercooler hoses :oops:

I have a MG on the go at the moment too not as new though
A "Proper" Mg then. As I'm always told by the owner's club Lol! What's yours?

Re:

So after deciding I'm fed up with painting & "that'll have to do" I've started fitting it up only for my darling fiancee to say she quite likes the really tidy Raleigh apex I came home with last week.
Pending a test ride all bets could be off!

MR OX":1oxv15u7 said:

Its a Midget 1500 rubber bumper but I've ditched the bumpers for some chrome ones.

kingbling":2okjo04e said:
MR OX":2okjo04e said:

Its a Midget 1500 rubber bumper but I've ditched the bumpers for some chrome ones.
Very cool always liked the midget

Re:

Managed to do a bit on this today, stem, bars, wheels, seatpost all fitted (random I know) mechs, crank & cantis next as I stlll have to paint the brake levers :( (I hate painting!) Maybe by the end of the week if I don't get distracted, which I very much doubt this is the slowest build in the world!

Re:

Since it was chucking it down managed to do a little more today, cranks, mechs, shifters & brake levers, gear cables all fitted. Got to see which, if any, bar ends the boss prefers but almost there now :)

Re:

Canti's, brake cables, grips & the Xlite bar ends I was saving for something else all fitted today. Waiting on bolts for the stradle cable hangers & considering a change of brake blocks, then it's just the chain & tuning.
It really looks hardly any different!

Re:

Finally getting there! however I seem to have a problem with the left shifter :cry:
Here's an almost finished shot!!

Attachments

• biking 001.JPG
    biking 001.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 543
Re:

Great work! :cool:

Been following this build with interest as I've been trying to get mine done in a similar time frame... ;)

As soon as I'd seen that you'd cabled up and the build was together - I knew that I had to get mine done! Managed to get it all done last night ( Minus pedals and straps!).... but you were definitely 1st past the post!

Looks great! - This was top of the Ridgeback tree for 1991. I think MBUK reviewed the model below but not this one. This had the better colourway anyway!! ( Not that I'm biased :oops: )

How did the MG progress? - Just a few weeks and I get my Saab 900 Carlsson back :cool:

cheers.
boy"O"boy

Back