Something you (probably) haven´t seen before. DBS OFFROAD EX

Yes, I know estays are usually heavier than classic frames on same tubes ;)
I estimate that 3,6kg incl forks makes around 2,5-2,6 kg for the frame - what can suggest comparing to estay frames I had on my scale (fex Nishiki, Scott, MT Racing, Haro) that can be built by double butted tubes
But that's only speculation

Yeah. I have never known them to make light competition bikes. I think this was an attempt to make a "high end" mtb with just putting good parts from the time on. Their competition road bikes frames has always been made by Daccordi and they have rebranded several mtb´s. Especially full suspension and carbon. Most of the stuff they made was mid range ladies/gents bikes and touring roadbikes. But it´s a great rider. :)

Done. Black cranks is not stock. Was equipped with chrome XT cranks from factory. And different tires. And seat.

Attachments

• SDIM0024.jpg
    SDIM0024.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 551
  • SDIM0023.jpg
    SDIM0023.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 551
  • SDIM0022.jpg
    SDIM0022.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 552
  • SDIM0020.jpg
    SDIM0020.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 552
  • SDIM0019.jpg
    SDIM0019.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 552
  • SDIM0017.2.jpg
    SDIM0017.2.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 551
Now that is very nice. Intrigued to know how it rides. I suspect it's a bike to stroll around on looking cool rather than serious stuff. It's what I'd use it for anyway. I love it.

Looks like a classier version of an Alpine Stars.

Nice use of black components, lucky to have those hubs ! I'm planning something similar with the LX version.

Did you get a second Tioga stem by the way? I was looking for one if you still had the first one.

Re:

Looks great. Does the frame number give any clues to where it was made?

Really nice E-stay and loving all the black xt parts! I think I have a some alexa rims mounted on deore dx hubs laying around, If i remember correctly mine are not in pristine condition to say the least.

Back