1997 Rocky Mountain Vertex LE build

I know! I spent something like 400$ for the project. Frame was super cheap and I got it painted at work for free. Most of the components were parts bin special. Instead of spending 500$ on a 30lbs brand new BSO you could spend less and some elbow grease to get an awesome light Retrobike but most people think that new=better.

Re:

she must feel lucky to have such a good son-in-law. nice restoration/build with the XTR and Syncros kit! reminds me of the 2003 RM Stratos i restored and built for the missus given the small petite frame in white.

i may have a set of more appropriate down tube decals for it if interested. the current ones you have on look to small and out of place for the frame.

The decals are from Velocals. You're right: they're not quite right but unfortunately I was too anxious to finish and I could choose the colors and went with blue. If I remember correctly the original ones were red (the paint was the cool white and blue maple leaf design but was in such terrible condition that I went the re-spray route).
I have gathered so many Syncros parts through the years that it didn't even put a big dent in my stash so I thought what the hell why not , Rocky frame with black Syncros parts.

Back