Help Identify This Zaskar

Re: Re:

T'boo Ted":zl9w4o04 said:
No zaskars were Taiwanese until after 2001ish, then they all were

pretty sure about 1998-99 when lightnings were available.. not well received either..not us made = not a zaskar will try find brochure in the mess cave...

zaskar birth places

well no luck on books,which shits me more as i had 1991-2000 year brochures and signed toy team trucks in said box too... i think i have some dealer videos somewhere still hopefully, we in Australia got some taiwan zaskars pre 2000, ball burnished finished not the painted "billet" and v brakes not disc ... cause i unpacked them from the container at southcott laughed and then took many an irate phone call regarding this issue...and left in 2001/2 after 7 years or so.
oh and specification may change was the stuff my dreams were made of,irate shop owners my that bike does not have lx brakes or whatever....

Bain Capital sold the GT brand to Questor Partners (who owned schwinn) in 1998. Questor filed for bankruptcy in 2001. It was during that time that production was moved to Taiwan to save money. I think it was a process to move over production between 1999 and 2000.

legrandefromage":2d2ejx8y said:
Hate to rain on anyone's parade but this is a 94 frame wearing reproduction decals. 1993 decals were yellow but not fluorescent and 1993 bikes wore the very thick cable stops carried over from the '92 frames. The seat clamps were separate and had their own wee titanium bolt - which I managed to keep since 1993!

Just sayin'!

You called it dude! The serial number starts with 1194 to the right of it there's 16 which I'm certain is the frame size. The bike looks in worse condition than I expected and I don't know how much of the original components are there.

I'll put up hi res pics soon as I'm interested to find out what's the best course of action.

Thanks a lot guys!

Re:

The frames that were made in the fall were typically sold during the following year. So probably anything 0914 or later would have been sold as a 95.

Re:

I'm looking forward to some better pictures. Congratulations on the bike. They're a lot of fun.

Back