Boulder Defiant XC

Re:

Mine is running an M900 front mech, with M900 cranks and a Specialites TA 48 tooth outer ring.

There's no rubbing on any parts, and no impeding of the arm by the swing of the cage...

Let me know if you want some close-ups of the set-up to compare with yours!

:)

Re: Boulder

yes, that would be appreciated. i'm guessing the large 48t setup allows for the f.mech to be higher up, further away from the rear suspension pivot. also, what teeth inner are you running? with a 22t, the chain is dragging along the bottom of the f.mech cage, as i can't lower the f.mech any further. :(

and if anyone else that would care to share their f.mech/crankset setup, that would further help as well.

Re: Re:

RockiMtn":1o1eg3c4 said:
i have the font matched but a few minor details are off compared to the original as seen. was going to try to ignore the difference and print them as is, but my OCD kicked in and so now i'll have to invest some time to alter it to match. :p

What font did you use ?

Re:

first build draft… i can ride the bike, but barely. saddle is way to high for me. i need maybe 1/2 - 1" lower for me to comfortably ride on pavement. i'll need the seatpost even shorter if taken on trails. :p what to do? trim the uncut Syncros seat post i have or try and source a shorter one. :? what have other Boulder owners done?

also i'll definitely need to up the teeth count on the compact inner to 24t and an outer 46t chain rings. :(

lastly think i'll swap the fork over to a Judy FSX once i sort out springs to get it up and running, and a threaded steerer/crown to install it.

Attachments

• DSC05374.JPG
    DSC05374.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 788
  • DSC05373.JPG
    DSC05373.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 788
  • DSC05375.JPG
    DSC05375.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 788
Re:

Why not find another one that's already shorter to use while out-and-about, and save the uncut one for when the bike is parked on show ... ?

Re:

k-rod":fzxmrhe1 said:
Why not find another one that's already shorter to use while out-and-about, and save the uncut one for when the bike is parked on show ... ?
i'm considering that, but 28.6mm isn't a common seatpost diameter. if i could source a second Syncros seatpost that's both cheap and maybe already trimmed down, that would be ideal.

Re:

The irony - I sold a first gen. one in that diam. to someone in New Zealand about six months ago ... but, while well used, it wasn't cut at all ... still got $85. (can) for it (is that cheap?)

Re: Re:

k-rod":21qpt0tx said:
The irony - I sold a first gen. one in that diam. to someone in New Zealand about six months ago ... but, while well used, it wasn't cut at all ... still got $85. (can) for it (is that cheap?)
retro pricing can be very subjective, and can fluctuate per buyer depending on the day! :LOL:

here 's an old listing, you be the judge for yourself:

http://www.bikerecyclery.com/syncros-se ... t-serotta/

Re: Boulder

The Boulder is looking really good Frank, great stuff :cool: :D

Back