Help Identify This Zaskar

So after having another look I realized that they syncros stem and seatpost (which this is lacking) only came on the Zaskar LE in 95. The fork is correct for 95 and the decals are correct for 95. The handle bars and shifters/levers and breaks were updated at some point in the history of the bike. I'm guessing it's a 95 with some updates. Although I thought that color came after 95 but I am probably wrong about that.

Cool, I'm glad we're in agreement. So the original shifters/levers would've been ST-M737 (?), and the ones that on now are ST-M739.

Yeah see, the serial umber tells you exactly when it's made (to the month). If it's made later in the year then it can be the next years model. The actual year model depends on the decals. but they can easily be changed on Zaskars due to no paint/clearcoat. So to put it as a year model you can oly go by the original decals, you can guesstemate by the serial number by saying liek anything after september could be a next year model.
91,92 have the Zaskar on the down tube
93 has a solid zaskar on the top tube and GT all terra on the down dube
94, 95 are pretty similar wit GT all terra on downtube and solid zaskar with some detailing around the edges, diff fr each year
96 has the spidery typeset zaskar on the top tube (see the xizang i my sig for the typeset) and it the first year of jut "GT" on the down tube
98-99 has similar zaskar to 94-5 but no all terra on down tube

all the 94,95,97-99 decals are similar, but they are all different for each year, colours, details. if you download all the catalogues ad compare (except you cat se well th 96 and 94? tiny catalogues) you get to compare.

ah, freaking photobucket. I did look and they were showing for me then...ugh. damn photobucket to hell.

anyway if this link works, this typeset looks liek this
f0c1bcfee83d6bf3ba4aa464c0dad5a5.jpg

95:
95Zaskar-02.jpg

and 94:
513836d1359601749t-1994-gt-zaskar-le-img_5564.jpg

P3210136.jpg

92:
576276d1288213036-1992-gt-zaskar-le-rebuilt-zaskar-01.jpg

97:
main.php

98:
gt_ruckus_1.0-4669zs.jpg

99:
images

quickly added more for context.96 is my least fav, 91/92 being my fav's (and probably most peoples) I never liked the "all terra" on the down tube, 93 actualy looks pretty good except for that.

The decals are the easies way to date at a glance, but also the easiest thing to change, hence why you get so many fake zaskars, bit of polishing and a decal set and bingo you have a zaskar,not that the other frames are bad,just not zaskars. But it also means you can't tell the year easily if changed. But overall most people keep the origianals and if they do it often for the much earlier, or whatever they can get easily. Serial number tells the actual story.

Thanks again.

There was another picture in the email I guess I hadn't downloaded. I don't know if it makes much difference, but I include it anyway.

Now I have a potential agreement for a pick up on Sunday.

e6H59B3.jpg

Hate to rain on anyone's parade but this is a 94 frame wearing reproduction decals. 1993 decals were yellow but not fluorescent and 1993 bikes wore the very thick cable stops carried over from the '92 frames. The seat clamps were separate and had their own wee titanium bolt - which I managed to keep since 1993!

Just sayin'!

P3210136.jpg

Back