1990 Kona Explosif

Re:

Got the Explosif back out of hibernation again ready to splat the rest of the stem,the more i looked at it the more i liked :) I've been looking at some early splatter paint GT's and they had the bars done the same aswell so i think i might do that also and see how it looks.

@Mauricer they're definitely my favourite era of Kona bikes,i like how no one bike will ever be the same as another because of the splatter.
Off the top of my head i've had:
1989 Bikes :
1 Fire Mountain.
3 Cindercones.
2 Explosifs.
1990 Bikes.
2 Fire Mountains.
2 Yellow Lavadomes.
2 Cindercones.
2 Explosifs.

I'm tempted to splat that 92 Kilauea i've got at the moment :LOL:

Re:

Stem splatted :D
Left the bars alone because there Tioga Tange Prestige and the black bars goes really well.
Very happy with the outcome :D

Attachments

• IMAG5068_1.jpg
    IMAG5068_1.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 389
  • IMAG5071_1.jpg
    IMAG5071_1.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 389
  • IMAG5057_1.jpg
    IMAG5057_1.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 389
  • IMAG5059_1.jpg
    IMAG5059_1.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 389
  • IMAG5064_1.jpg
    IMAG5064_1.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 389
Re:

Now it's done i've decided to sell it :shock: :LOL: because truthfully i can't make my mind up what parts to put on it and it will just end up like my 89 Explosif hanging up gathering dust. Plus it's actually a little bit to small being an 18" frame,well that's what i'm telling myself anyways :LOL:

No!!! Don't do it, it's such a nice frame, fork and stem. I was following your build with a lot of interest. If only this was a 19" or 20" :oops:

Ferry":3tpw09f2 said:
No!!! Don't do it, it's such a nice frame, fork and stem. I was following your build with a lot of interest. If only this was a 19" or 20" :oops:

I know where your coming from Ferry it would've been great building it but in truth it would've been a long time before it ever got built.
For me this had to have top parts on it and that almost became the problem because i couldn't decide which ones :LOL:
Early Deore XT was ruled out straight away because i done that with my last one and that's where i started to go round and round in circles with ideas but no end product and it was just going to be put back in the loft like the others.
It'll be off to its new owner soon and i'm sure they'll get it up and running and looking mint.

But if you like how i've done the splatter on this then follow the build thread of my 92 Kilauea because i'm going to splat it :D :LOL:

Back