Orange Prestige - Finished pics on page 7

Re: Another new project - Orange Prestige

Wheel bearing Day and the rear was sorted with a clean and new grease, front wheel was a little dry and the bearings have seen better days, cones and hub surfaces are okay though so after new bearings.

I'm not sure exactly what model they are, Shimano branded and going on the rest of the spec I believe they may be Deore XT. Ten bearings per side. I think they are 5/32", can anyone confirm?

Re: Re:

jimo746":21pra4nh said:
Much better with the decals on it :)

Radial spokes front wheel too, nice

Amazing the difference decals make. Loving the radial spiking too. Guess just like purple, it was all the rage when my mate bought this bike.

Re:

Coming along very nicely, those levers look awesome! I wish my paint came out like that :facepalm:

Re: Re:

MR OX":2ny0wqr5 said:
Coming along very nicely, those levers look awesome! I wish my paint came out like that :facepalm:

Thank you, the key I found was firstly not to drop or touch them whilst still wet (did that more than once) and to apply lots of very fine coats with time to dry between each.

Re: Another new project - Orange Prestige

Last few bits have arrived, Ritchey grips, Nice pair of black cage platform pedals (can't stand the silver cage and black plastic bodies of the ones my mate replaced his XT's with), a pair of NOS XT canti's due to not being able to locate one Campagnolo brake to match the rear, and a brake rocker thing which I may use instead of a steerer mounted hanger.

Re:

Indeed – you're making very good progress. The black frame & forks are gonna look smart fitted with the orange coloured decals and silver parts – not sure if the purple bling will match...

Back