Dave Yates Diabolo - British steel Triple

Re:

Small update on this, Powdercoating has been a pain due to some sort of reaction and edded up looking like runs in the colour.

bagged a nude pic for you all tho :shock:

IMG_20170505_135922.jpg

RBG

Re: Dave Yates Diabolo

Interesting photo - that head tube looks way out of proportion. Top heavy so to speak. Is there a reason for that?

Re:

The extended headtube was also known as Freuler type after Swiss roadie rider Urs Freuler who's bikes were all like this, not exactually 100% sure why but I can only assume it was because he was a tall gent. Personally I only imagine it gives a more sloping effective top tube on this mountainbike and if it raises the handlebar position instead of fitting riser bars - all the better for my back :LOL:

Thank you for the explanation - I agree with you about the risers - seems to be a good idea.

Re:

So do I, been ringing them all week but just getting the answer phone.... if I had just listened to it all the way through I woulda realised they aint back till next week :facepalm:

RBG

Looking mighty fine, Lee :cool:

Re:

Looking nice!

You kept the Zinn stem and got it sprayed too?

I thought you had passed it on to someone else who was looking for one for their Zinn - or was that another one?

Or, simply, am I completely wrong?!

:)

I didnt want to part with it tbh, probably the nearest to a zinn I'll ever get but I believe the chap in question has aquired the correct stem, like busses ya know.

Back