Bradbury Manitou

uno-speedo

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
We all had a dream bike growing up, something that resonated with us for whatever reason. The Bradbury era Manitou mountain bikes were my dream bike. Having opened up the May 1991 edition of Mountain Biker magazine the bike just clicked for me. The same feelings as admiring Linda Lusardi on page 3 of that newspaper.

I came close with a previous Bradbury Manitou build but this one holds all the things I wanted. 26 years later (!) and I hope to fulfil my aspiration in a matter of weeks.

35259650053_9f5b9e6b4f_b.jpg

Re:

Yes, exactly. The IRD seat post was badly pitted from age but luckily the magic powers of SC brought her (him?) back to life.

35901133432_bb305eff7d_k.jpg

Re:

Yeah, I can remember lusting after those DBrad Manitous too and especially his full susser. £4500+ the Answer version was in those days iirc. Those bikes were beyond a dream though and seemed unobtanium. At the time i didnt know too much about Cunningham's but now i would love one. That being said i know an owner of the bike above and he says the riding position is too high up front. It may be best suited to a rider well over 6ft methinks.

Re:

Looking forward to this! Nice to see one of the original paint job Manitous resurface. Can't wait to see what you do with it...

Wow, every day's a school day, I had no idea Manitou ever made a rigid fork. Looking forward to watching this take shape.

Re:

You owned something very crazy :cool:
impatient to see the completed built :D

Oh mate, now you built up one of my favorite frame set which Doug ever made. Looking forward to these awesome project - thanks for this buildup thread !

Back