Orange Prestige 1991

jocarl011

Old School Hero
Hi all, this has been around the forum for a few years now, and I have just received it from Blane last week.

Still fantastic condition! Lovely bike!

I have re-sprayed and decaled the stem and replaced the seatpost. I'm now looking for the correct Orange touch up for the few chips it has here and there, anyone recommend some?

May replace the saddle with a Flite...

Just lovely. I wouldn't change any thing. Not even touch up the paint. One thing i would change is the mech position that is not good.

Re:

You gotta love a Prestige :cool: and yours looks especially nice.

I know it's on big ring/big sprocket, but chain a tad too short?

Superb Prestige, absolutely stunning. I wouldn't worry about touching it up, looks in mint condition. One thing tho, it looks like a 1992 Prestige to me? Rear triangle is slightly different on the 1991 Prestiges. Anyway would love to see some more pictures! And again a beautiful example.

Cheshire1980":3um7vy3f said:
Superb Prestige, absolutely stunning. I wouldn't worry about touching it up, looks in mint condition. One thing tho, it looks like a 1992 Prestige to me? Rear triangle is slightly different on the 1991 Prestiges. Anyway would love to see some more pictures! And again a beautiful example.

Thanks, it really is in amazing condition!

It was discussed on here once before about the year. I think the conclusion was that it is a late 1991... will have to look for the thread again but i'm sure the serial puts it as 1991.

jocarl011":2auoz0uy said:
Cheshire1980":2auoz0uy said:

Thanks, it really is in amazing condition!

It was discussed on here once before about the year. I think the conclusion was that it is a late 1991... will have to look for the thread again but i'm sure the serial puts it as 1991.

Yeah a late 1991 would make sense, I have an early prestige 91, slightly different rear end.. Anyway you have a cracker...

Re:

Oooooooo, my old bike. Good to see the old girl and great work with the stem as it was the only part that let it down. :cool: :cool:

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":g9zfygax said:
Oooooooo, my old bike. Good to see the old girl and great work with the stem as it was the only part that let it down. :cool: :cool:

Thought it looked like your old bike! Prestige at it's best!

jocarl011":3crykghd said:
Hi all, this has been around the forum for a few years now, and I have just received it from Blane last week.

Still fantastic condition! Lovely bike!

I have re-sprayed and decaled the stem and replaced the seatpost. I'm now looking for the correct Orange touch up for the few chips it has here and there, anyone recommend some?

May replace the saddle with a Flite...

Lovely Prestige and looks fantastic as it is. I've got the same stem – sound but battered condition – how did you refurb yours?

Back