Not Such A Tired Old '91 Zaskar- Job Done! Pics Page 6 & 7

Re:

That's looking sweet. It's going to be a stunner when it's finished. Top work chap- well worth all the effort.

.....and well done saving the frame from the scrap man. :cool:

Re: Re:

cherrybomb":35zglk8x said:
That's looking sweet. It's going to be a stunner when it's finished. Top work chap- well worth all the effort.

.....and well done saving the frame from the scrap man. :cool:

Cheers cherrybomb..... :D I'm chuffed how well it's going and tbh it's pretty damn close to being finished but not going to put any images up yet..... :LOL:

Anyway, I've been waiting on getting the wheels built so in the meantime I was getting twitchy and looking for things to do so I ended up taking the BL-MT63 DX brake lever blades off..... I had to scratch my polishing itch yet again as I wasn't super keen on the cast dimpled dull factory finish of the blades......

So it was down the old route again of wet sanding and using the magic finishing touch to bring the best out of the blades which now suit and match the rest of the bike.... :cool:

Getting back to the wheels though.... not long received delivery of a nice big box with my nos hubs and rims all built up. I took the easy option of getting them done professionally so a big thumbs up to Dan @ HCW (Hand Crafted Wheels) for a great job! :D Worked out better in terms of outlay as buying boxes of spokes of various lengths needed and at 72 spokes per box was a joke.... Anyway, its saved me time and money and they look great.
Although not period correct I opted for a NOS set of Mavic 36 hole XC717's as they're a great rim and having used them in the past, I wanted new/old reliable rims that weren't tired and worn so another area not having to worry too much about. The NOS Deore DX 36 hole hubs look great but want give them a full strip down and re-grease & freehub lubing etc. before final set up as they're pretty old with original grease even though they still spin up nicely, better safe than sorry.....Smoke and Dart folders to then go on and were nearly there......

Since the above was a saved draft things have now come pretty close to being finished :D She's all cabled up but still need to service the hubs, fit the cassette and chain and set up the gears and that's it done!! :cool: Sneaky pics............. no not yet haha but it'll be worth the wait so hopefully she and I won't keep you waiting too long :D

Cheers.

Re: Not Such A Tired Old '91 Zaskar- Hoopage Now Sorted.........

I forgot how cool those GT grips were! They look great and I commend you on the rim selection and logic. These frames ride incredibly well and it looks like that is your intent so additional props. Quality build mate.

Re: Not Such A Tired Old '91 Zaskar- Hoopage Now Sorted.........

Smithjss70":h1kpblbi said:
I forgot how cool those GT grips were! They look great and I commend you on the rim selection and logic. These frames ride incredibly well and it looks like that is your intent so additional props. Quality build mate.

Many thanks :D really like the grips too and appreciate the kind comments :D

Re:

..........................................................................................................................................

Re: Not Such A Tired Old '91 Zaskar- She's Alive! Build Complete

Really impressive! I love all of the polished aluminum.

Re: Not Such A Tired Old '91 Zaskar- She's Alive! Build Complete

Photos don't show.

Re:

Apologies but it seems that my photobucket account has had limits put on it unless I subscribe to $39.99 a month to share my images....... DO ONE PHOTOBUCKET!!

Re:

Well I won't beat around the bush..... I've really enjoyed doing this and more than happy with my first go at a retro build so without blabbing on about it loads, finally here are some 'finished item' pics..... well nearly, just waiting on pedals before anyone asks haha :LOL: Enjoy :D

From this:
CCZXMgj.jpg

To this:
JpIMWh9.jpg

zmdSMEC.jpg

L6QE2k6.jpg

mWWCG2f.jpg

lqCJ3jR.jpg

STZ1Fht.jpg

VOsOksK.jpg

kN7W0Fs.jpg

j8QGjdE.jpg

xYCeY4X.jpg

u46bWNT.jpg

Re: Not Such A Tired Old '91 Zaskar- Job Done!! Pics Page 6

Pedals have arrived so the final piece of the puzzle is now in place :D I'll get some decent outdoor images as soon as I can on the dslr :D

Back