Tim Gould's '93 Newnham Schwinn (homage) FINISHED

Re: Tim Gould Schwinn homage build

I just found the thread: WOW! Great story and a great bike - a while ago I builded a Schwinn/PDG 90 for a friend, its a nice made frame and rides superbe! As a coincidence I just saw Tim Gould racing in Strathpeffer/Scotland in 1992 yesterday during lunch :)

caemis":f1ua03rx said:
As a coincidence I just saw Tim Gould racing at Strathpeffer/Scotland in 1992 yesterday during lunch :)

shut up ! ......they've time machines in your works canteen. Can I come and visit

Seriously what a transformation on that frame, have you tracked down the 28h hub yet

Loving that paint job :cool: looking forward to seeing this built.

Mark

Retro Spud":23funtwp said:
caemis":23funtwp said:
As a coincidence I just saw Tim Gould racing at Strathpeffer/Scotland in 1992 yesterday during lunch :)
shut up ! ......they've time machines in your works canteen. Can I come and visit
No canteen - just a nice empty office :) Feel free to visit! If you're in Berlin give me a call! The Grundig WC final from 1991 (of course in Berlin) included.

caemis":wdwmjcvm said:
Retro Spud":wdwmjcvm said:
caemis":wdwmjcvm said:
No canteen - just a nice empty office :) Feel free to visit! If you're in Berlin give me a call! The Grundig WC final from 1991 (of course in Berlin) included.

The DeLorean is in for a service so it's a bit too far for me at the moment, besides I'd get a nose bleed if ventured east of Neuss

out of interest whats on the menu today... or would I need to bring a packed lunch

Todays menue: Swabian Maultaschen with scrumbled eggs and salad. But I guess without a race, since I'll eat with my wife ... But back to topic - Bollox64 its all yours :D

Retro Spud":ktw0lz75 said:
Seriously what a transformation on that frame, have you tracked down the 28h hub yet

A set of NOS 32h black Ritchey Vantage rims popped up on Fleabay last week as BIN....Sorted. :cool:

Re:

WOW! :shock:

Well worth the wait, I'm sure you'll agree, Alec!

Fantastic! Looking forward to seeing it build up!

Great to meet you the other week, too! Hope the rest of your holiday was good?

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":11xiyhs0 said:
WOW! :shock:

Well worth the wait, I'm sure you'll agree, Alec!

Fantastic! Looking forward to seeing it build up!

Great to meet you the other week, too! Hope the rest of your holiday was good?

Mike

Thanks Mike! Yes, rest of the week was good, though only 1 day's MTB, rest was road. 350 Kms and < 5500 metres climbing around The North Yorkshire Moors, incl. Rosedale Chimney Bank :shock: Had to stop on the 22% straight part, but managed to get on the pedals again and up to the top :D .

Back