1996 YETI A.R.C. - COMPLETED!

Archangel

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After a long hiatus from a retrobike world, I bought myself a new project (well, actually three!).
It's a (supposedly) 1996 YETI A.R.C. :D - a first Yeti for me.
Always wanted a turquoise & grey or turquoise & yellow A.R.C. but could never find a one that was a) sensibly priced and b) was not cracked.

I am getting with the frame also turquoise Ringlé Moby seatpost and Zooka Ahead stem. Headset will be of course a Chris King but I haven't made up my mind whether to use Manitou 4 or Rock Shox Judy SL. Other parts are still a bit shady. In principle, XTR M950 would be period correct and works great. And it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg like Grafton, Cook Bros. etc. parts.

Now, first thing I'd like to do with this frame is to put in some new decals.
I want to have the iconic YETI A.R.C. EASTON decals on the downtube and perhaps even my own name in the same font as the factory racers had on the toptube (don't know how cool or un-cool that would be though).
Anyways, regarding the decals: What do you guys think - should I use white decals on turquoise background and black ones on the section where there is yellow paint?
If white & black mix, it would go like this:
Left side:
* black YETI decal on yellow portion near headtube
* white A.R.C. decal
* white EASTON decal
Right side:
* white EASTON decal
* white YETI decal
* black A.R.C. decal on yellow portion near headtube

An another option of course is to go all black on these. Which way to go?

image1_zpsofqt1tth.jpg

s1600_94_98OldSchool_11_zpsnqanu4i4.jpg

large_IMAG0584_zpsyikevkp0.jpg

Re:

I have now in-coming:
- Ringlé Moby post (turquoise)
- Ringlé H2O bottle cage (turquoise)
- Ringlé Twisters Ti (turquoise)
- Ringlé Zooka Ahead (turquoise)
- Rock Shox Judy SL (yellow)
- Nuke Proof stem (yellow)
- Answer Hyperlite (black)
- Easton/Yeti handlebar (blue)
- Odi Yeti grips (black)

Any thoughts about the decals - black or black & white like described in the 1st post?

Re:

Got the ARC home at last. As it seems, this is a frame from transitional period between 1996-97 as it already has 1 1/8" headtube and seatpost collar. Frame's serial # is A3544.

The build is coming together pretty nicely I think. The next thing I need is a turquoise Chris King or Ringlé headset.

For the drivetrain I will most probably be using XTR M950 as the Yeti team did as well BITD. I'm a bit torn between using Magura Racelines + Gripshift X-Rays or go full out with XTR, incl. V-brakes. Yeti team used Maguras for DH & DS and V-brakes for XC.
Since Ringlé hubs are time bombs just waiting to break up, I will most probably use XTR hubs as well.

Re: Re:

Archangel":1uvyr79a said:
Since Ringlé hubs are time bombs just waiting to break up, I will most probably use XTR hubs as well.

:LOL: thats why I'm ashamed to say mine only gets a ridden very occasional

Back