Yeti ARC restoration - My #1 'want' bike since 1991

Re:

Tom

I had to look at the pics on a bigger screen .....

I can't help but think your fork crown is the wrong way round as the forks look bent backwards,
the bolts also make me think this as I always thought they faced outwards

nice choice of fork BTW great to see something different as just about everyone else goes with M2's*

**EDIT
* except for the asre who put 95 Judy's on his 92/93 ARC :oops:

Attachments

• IMG_8784a.JPG
    IMG_8784a.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_8740a.JPG
    IMG_8740a.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 555
Minifreak":3tytc1z3 said:
Yes bolts to the front, easy enough to do though :)

I have to say it looks better (cleaner) with the bolts at the back, and they're easier to check and tighten that way... but the crown position f's up the geometry

also whilst I'm being pedantic

The bars are "technically" on upside down..... so I was told a number of time when I built mine.
the logos should be read when sitting on the bike and the clincher for me was the logo "3 degree bend" which if you look at yours will be upside down.

your bike, build it how you like..... I've got it one way on the ARC and the other on my Ultimate (foot in both camps)

still awesome, still like, and still looking at the pic's :D

Smithjss70":1pwmm1mf said:
Looks great! Came together quick! How is the chainline and shifting with the BB?Keep water out of cups as best you can and avoid hi pressure h20. Enjoy.

The chain line is fine for now and shifting is fine. Took it up and down the street to make sure it was good. The real test will be out on the trails. I plan on riding the crap out of it and really 'gettin' on it' once I'm comfortable and confident with the build....and as much as my old body can take with only an 1" or so of suspension travel. :LOL:

Yeah. The b/b cups weren't the very best for resistance to water contamination. I went through a few pair of bearings back in the old days.

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":2dqgnbzv said:
Tom

I had to look at the pics on a bigger screen .....

I can't help but think your fork crown is the wrong way round as the forks look bent backwards,
the bolts also make me think this as I always thought they faced outwards

nice choice of fork BTW great to see something different as just about everyone else goes with M2's*

**EDIT
* except for the asre who put 95 Judy's on his 92/93 ARC :oops:

Thanks for the info! I'll be changing it around.
I know on production forks (the two M1's I bought when they first came out) the bolts were in the back and smooth side was forward. I thought the bolts forward were for Team bikes. ....or is this just for the 1 1/4" steerers?

Minifreak":1spgivzx said:

Thanks for the info! I'll be making the change.

...no wonder the steering was fast as hell, even more so than my other hardtails! :LOL: :LOL:

Retro Spud":104gstgb said:
Minifreak":104gstgb said:

I have to say it looks better (cleaner) with the bolts at the back, and they're easier to check and tighten that way... but the crown position f's up the geometry

also whilst I'm being pedantic

The bars are "technically" on upside down..... so I was told a number of time when I built mine.
the logos should be read when sitting on the bike and the clincher for me was the logo "3 degree bend" which if you look at yours will be upside down.

your bike, build it how you like..... I've got it one way on the ARC and the other on my Ultimate (foot in both camps)

still awesome, still like, and still looking at the pic's :D

"I've got it one way on the ARC and the other on my Ultimate (foot in both camps)" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks Rspud!
Yep, I've always thought that the bars should be the other way around, being able to read them as one sits on the bike. But, I've seen builds where really nice Yeti's have the bars like how I have them pictured. I guess a good indicator is how Bontrager did his one piece bar/stem combo back in the day in which he had the wording being able to read as you sit on the bike.

Re:

fork crown switched around. very slight difference.

Attachments

• FullSizeRenderdddddddddd - Copy.jpg
    FullSizeRenderdddddddddd - Copy.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 461
Back