RockShox Judy DH Refurb - help

trekhard

Retro Newbie
Hi,

I have stripped down my (1997?) Rockshox Judy DH and it's all in good nick, apart from the elastomer which I am sourcing from the US (suspensionforkparts)

The dampers need an oil flush & refill. Anyone in the UK can do this or is it a straightforward DIY job? Happy for any advice/how to do it.

Tx.

Attachments

• damper.JPG
    damper.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,030
Re:

Look in the archive and manuals. It shouldn't be too hard as these have the adjuster screws you can use to fill. 1997 ammendment may be the most useful.

I would have gone for spring personally. These used Foam elastomers and springs if 1997.
Not solid elastomers.
Just go straight to full spring as they did in 1998.

Re:

Tx, I can only describe what came out of them as crumbly pink stuff.....
You mention springs, where do I source them?

Re:

Also, is it possible to refill them with oil without having to strip them down?

Clear oil came out from both red and black sides when I removed the hex nut inside both the shafts. Assume that it is possible to reverse the process and fill back up from there?

Tx.

It is possible, but is it a messy work. You ave to fill them from that point and every now and then move the piston up and down slowly to get the air out. If you do it too rough, the oil will squirt.

Re:

I found some Kronos springs on Ebay for mine. You might get lucky there or post in wanted items section on this forum.

Back