Rescue Pioneer

xxnick1975":1fih9xow said:
Looks nice Neil, keep going, will be interesting to see the final result
It's just a dummy run to see how it looks before it all goes off to be painted.

Mike Muz 67":piahi5s5 said:
xxnick1975":piahi5s5 said:
What colour?

Orange, Betcha ! ;)

What shade of Orange is that, heard of Burnt and Jaffa Orange but not Betcha.

And how can you be so sure...does Neil get the paint from work ;)

RMC orange... As worn by all Cement trucks that haven't been bought by Cemex.

If you want to ride it and enjoy it, fit tyres that work otherwise you'll be trying to compare not very good to modern standards (whatever they may be) and you'll be disappointed.

Re:

A bit more mockery.

Fire XC Pros fitted, along with F&R mechs, 7 speed Wavey's, Dia Comp canti levers, Turbo saddle.

I have some 737 XT cranks that were on the Arthur Caygill, so they will go on and I suddenly realised the wheels are the first set I ever built back in 91 / 2 ish, so are a perfect match to the frame.

Decals have arrived from Gil-M, I need to get a Cromor OR decal from H Lloyd and then go to see the chaps at Argos.

MDSC_0058.JPG

Re:

Coming together nicely Neil!

I have some silver blade Dia Compe levers if you'd prefer them. SS7's I think. Didn't know Waveys came in 7s. Thought they were all 8s

Mike

Re:

I think those might be SS7's, I could go down to the garage and have a look..... or stay sitting in my comfy office chair.

Not sure if silver leavers would look better, contrasting with the shifters and all that. I'll have a think.

I'm going to get a nice wide spaced cassette, similar gearing to my Trek Tourer as I have found it to be just the job for long HONC like climbs.

Also need some cantis; typically Shimano have stopped making their cx cantis which is what I had in mind so I may go Tektro, although there are a set of Ritchey / Dia Comp on the bay at present.....

The original Wavey's were 7 speed, I have a set on my Zaskar that have been there since new, I also have another set on something here, possibly one of the Cats Wiskas. Anyway, I was pleased to find these ones which I bought a while ago because they were cheap, I have the rubber grips too.

Back