Re: Re:

shawnb":1mndv6t4 said:
Just been drooling over your bike after a grafton search brought me here :LOL:
I see you fitted polished speed traps at some point? are they signed on the end or do they have grafton decals as there seems a few variations were about, mine are signed under the clear coat....
Would love to see a pic or two of them :cool:
Cheers.
If Spud doesn't mind that because this is one of my Bike Of Your Year bikes, I naturally have a load of photos, most recently from Mayhem, including a nice close up of the pedal, but Spud will have to explain the signature decals :cool:

Cheers Regan, just getting over the shock of this thread revival by ShawnB, and find ^^^

I think you've got some better pics of it than I have :oops:

shawnb":2fsuy28t said:
Just been drooling over your bike after a grafton search brought me here :LOL:
I see you fitted polished speed traps at some point? are they signed on the end or do they have grafton decals as there seems a few variations were about, mine are signed under the clear coat....
Would love to see a pic or two of them :cool:
Cheers.

Thanks both for your kind comments, and thumbs up for what I've done with the old girl, means a lot !

I've got a couple of speed traps

The polished and clear Anno fitted to the ARC as above and some Black smaller (and a whole lot nicer if you ask me) possibly XC or Cyclo cross versions fitted to an Ultimate,
both came to me as NOS but neither had the logo under the Anno, one set still had the cleats, spare rubbers, plates and a Grafton Speed trap instruction leaflet detailing "Safe" installation and maintenance that looks like it was typed on an IBM Golfball typewriter before being photocopied.
I should dig it out and scan a copy of it, so everyone can see it.... mass produce printed Shimano type instructions on glossy paper it isn't :LOL:

In all cases including the spare 3DV ones I've got squirreled away NONE have the logos etched in, :?
all have simple stickers on them, or blank

I guess you've got the top draw version rather than my Cannon fodder ones that never saw any action
I'll post a pic of them all side by side and the instructions

I'll show you mine, but only if you show me yours :shock: :facepalm:

Re:

Thanks for the reply! As it happens I was out cycling with a fellow retrobiker last night who knows everything there is to know about Grafton (he is in contact with John himself) and it appears when John sold off the last of his personal nos collection recently he asked if you wanted them signed! So it's only those that were signed not ones sold bitd. I've tried uploading a photo of mine but mobile photobucket is as usual playing up! There's pics of them though on my Instagram in my sig if you can see that...
Cheers.

tomskid27":56f04u8g said:
I saw the pics on page 8 of this post and....MAN! That's a beautiful bike!

:shock: bit of a thread revival, its almost Annual

thanks for the comments above, the bike on page 8 is a lot different from where it ended up and I have to say there are elements I prefer about it,
I know its got too much 3DV on it, but hey it heralds from the 90's and there was a lot of bad idea's and taste back then.... I'm just reliving them.

Finally got round to reading this complete thread Spud (slow day at work). Lovely work, and attention to detail!

Drool!

Re:

Just thought I'd share this with you

Took the ARC and my Ultimate to the GT Malvern Classic and entered both in the WD40 show and shine event.. 1st prize was a cool £1,000
Aftermath Thread here ...viewtopic.php?f=5&t=385559

With serious Wonga on offer competition was tight and there was a lot of very exotic bikes on display from around the world including entries from the importers and even the manufacturers themselves :D

Whilst it was a great day out and the judges were from the UK MTB hall of Fame (in no particular order) they were
Martin Hawyes, Jay Hardy, Rory Hitchens, Geoff Waugh, Richard Vickery and our very own RB legend Mr Chris Longbone.

The Ultimate made it into the top but where it ultimately came I don't know as there were no placing except for 1st (Winner takes All) I did get a rosette and a top ten T-shirt

and being judged in the smallest detail including the appreciation of a FTW Snorkel

The ARC was a big hit but never placed despite having its Anno well fondled :(

On a side note its still evolving - the clunky Grafton Speed Traps finally got binned for some more elegant (Anno) road offerings although the small decals that Gil sent me after a plea for help were sadly just a bit too big to work so the pedals went unbranded (for now)
And finally I found a 50mm Judy kit to return the forks back to very early example, and the Bars more in line with the height offered by running a Manitou II/III fork.

One in the top Ten wasn't bad and I was chuffed even though I wouldn't have put the Ultimate before the ARC, However a few days later Gruff sent me a link to the MBR website and I almost chocked.... The ARC only went and got top billing on the MBR website :shock: full story here:- http://www.mbr.co.uk/news/malverns-classic-retro-376528

for the full line up and pics of the lovely Pace that won you'll need to click on the link to MBR http://www.mbr.co.uk/news/malverns-classic-retro-376528

Re: My Ranjeet Grewel inspired Yeti ARC

Retro Spud":1fk55vvl said:
mkozaczek":1fk55vvl said:
Any updates??

I fully intended to keep the Anno under control as per the Original factory picture, but silverfish’s build has caused me to
Wavier a little and the 3DV Graftons cranks might see the light of day in favour of the Silver just as soon as I’ve sourced
the 122mm Bottom Bracket needed. Never thought I'd junk the M900 shifters in favour of Gripshift but I've only recently
found out that Yeti were still using Campy Bullet Shifters during this period and they're as close as I can get (for the moment)

Still have a long way to go, but it's finally starting to take shape :D

Cool bike you've build!

What about htem Grafton compact cranks - you still have these? For sale maybe?
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back