1992 Cannondale M2000. Now rebuilt!

Mr-Cerberus

Dirt Disciple
Spur of the moment I decided to pick up this M2000 locally . It's had a decent beating through its life but it useable. Already swapped some parts.
Got rid of the Roadie saddle, and put proper grips on. It's been converted to 9speed using a knackered Lx mech. So swapped that for an xtr. Looks to have the original crankset, stem seat post and clamp.
As purchased.
Screenshot_20170507-201047.png

As of today
IMG_20170603_184030_1.jpg

Up longbridge fell
IMG_20170521_184931.jpg

I live on the south coast but travel alot for work so far I've been to plymbridge woods, longbridge fell and some local Spots. I'll be in North Wales tomorrow, as I'm working in Chester Monday.

Re: Rough 1992 Cannondale M2000

You've given that a new lease of life....

Oh,
and welcome to RetroBike, that will probably the first of many if your not careful

Re:

I was going to bid for that bike when it was going a few weeks ago.

Nice to see it went to a happy home.

Re: Re:

Eoghan_":3w4aqa9a said:
Nice to see it went to a happy home.

Yeah not stripped and flipped as so many end as. And being ridden !

That said I would be interested in the white saddle if you want to flip that :oops:

Re:

Where you based, as it's no use to me be warned is seriously uncomfortable on a MTB, it's yours for the cost of postage!

Re:

Cheers for the replies, I was tempted to buy the other one he was selling as well. But never having had a cannondale I wasn't sure. I've always been a klein guy but there mental money now. Wish I'd never sold my adept and quantum now! I'd be a millionaire if. I sold them today.

Re:

Ok guys it's started, I've just ordered a set of brake force 40 cams from the USA, Im not going to restore the bike to its period spec think of it more as a restomod as I'm keeping the 9speed setup. I think a key feature like the 40 system needs to stay even if they were abit naff.

After doing 10 miles in Wales up some crazy hills and then down them. This bike is easily as nice as any of my kleins.

I'm on the hunt for some original decals so I can repaint the frame and ceramic rims.

Undecided on whether to try and find a 1"1/4 set of suspension forks.

Andy

Re: 1992 Cannondale M2000 Resto.

Ok so I've stripped the bike down today after only having it a month, it's just to beat up I feel sorry for it.
IMG_20170611_115108.jpg

Few dents which I'm just going to fill because there only minor but trying to pull them out will weaken it further.
IMG_20170611_115112.jpg

I've got a friendly, powder coater so I'm thinking of a metallic anthracite which is very close to the original colour. Or a crazy purple flip paint style powder coat.

So far I've got a set of original force 40 brake cams coming, a flat carbon bar, ceramic mavic rims built on Sachs quarz hubs and xt brake lever shifter's these aren't very period but I'm sticking with the 3x9 drive train.
I want the bike to be super fun and easy to use but keeping as much of the period features as possible.

I just need to find a set. Of original decals or someone who can supply them I've got a few emails out so hopefully, Someone will come good.

I can't​ believe how light it is for a 1992 especially for the cheeky £122 I spent on it.
IMG_20170611_115830.jpg

IMG_20170611_115849.jpg

Re: 1992 Cannondale M2000 Resto.

Frame: 1992 Mountain 2000, Powder coated in a purple to green metallic flip. 20"

Fork: Cannondale pepperoni, powder coated the same as the frame.

Headset: Tange Seiki FOV-AL (125g) 1"1/4
Stem: Answer A-tac
Handlebar: 580mm unbranded carbon fibre flat bar. (106g)
Grips: Race Face lockons

Brakes: Shimano XT Cantilever?
Brake Pads: Cool Stop dual compounds
Cantilever cable hangers: Force 40 brake system cams (NOS)
Brake Levers: Shimano XT ST-M750

Shifters:
Front Derailleur: XT M650
Rear Derailleur: XTR M900, with CNC weaponised jockey wheels
Cassette: XT M750
Chain: Shimano HG93
Cranks: Richley Logic
Chainrings: Richley 26,34,46
Chainring bolts:
Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-UN55 68x122mn
Pedals: unbranded CNC Machined platforms (200g)

Hub Skewers: Mavic
Rims: Mavic x618
Hubs: Sachs quarz
Nipples: DT Swiss
Spokes: DT Swiss
Tyres: 2.1 panaracer XC fire pro

Saddle: WTB Volt
Seatpost: Richley Force directional
Seatpost Binder: Ringle Cam twist

Weight: factory weight was 24.5lb or 11.11kG . will weigh it when I get chance

IMG_20170624_172757.jpg

[/URL
[URL=http://s1225.photobucket.com/user/mr_cerberus/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-06/IMG_20170624_172857.jpg.html]

So I'm still trying to track down a set of original decals, but that's not straight forward. I can get copies made but not to my liking. As they will be printed clear I'd rather have them in cut vinyl.
I'm slowly going to put various XTR upgrades on as and when they pop up the right price. But I think it's essentially complete, can't wait to hit the trails now it's rebuilt.

Andy

Back