1997 Koga Miyata Survivor

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi all,

Wun this bike in a competition on cars back in '97. I do like cars too and I know quite a lot about them. Never enter competitions, but now the first prize was this Koga MTB :p

It was very easy to work out the right size, as I already had a few at the time. Of course the Koga people were staggered....

35918757621_c3f1487bb8_b.jpg

It is a nice, light Tig steel frame with replaceable rearmech hanger(!). The colour is a kind petrol blue. Drivetrain, brakes etc are Shimano LX and XT. When the bike arrived I did a grab in the partsbin. Answer ATAC, Bonty Ti, rasta Kooka post, RondWP HydroPro 2, older XT QRs, brakeboosters ...............and a lot spacers came on. As said the bike is from '97, but the somewhat earlier parts, the steel frame give the bike a bit more classic impression.

35663175260_c6cf21a939_c.jpg

The rear brakebooster is very funny btw. It is made out multiple print plates glued together.

36052972465_090c437857_c.jpg

Cheers,
Melvin

Very nice once again Melvin .

What colour is the Flite , i have never seen one like that .

Thx!

The Flite is green and 'Flite' is in yellow. It is no leather, but a kind of space age knock off leather..... Actually I don't know

Yes, thank you. I have it since 1998. It's great. Next to the Saab I have a Volvo 760GLE and a Mitsubishi Sigma.

Back