Marin Eldridge Grade 1991 - Never seen paint scheme.

Kaqui

Retro Newbie
I wanted to share my rare Marin Eldridge Grade 1991 (circa) and maybe listen to some of you. I've looked all around the internet and never ever found any other with this paint scheme. I've seen the green-black one, the white-green, and the yellow-green/orange pattern. I present to you the black green pattern.
I'm not pretty sure it had its catalogue kit when I bought it last year, but it had rear Deore LX, Deore LX brifters, LX400 transmission, Exage front hub. Photos are from last year, actually. It's currently got a Suntour XC PRO headset, 1996 XT pedals and a mountain mix of LX-XT (and a Deore rear derailleur I was forced to use).
It's got u-brake bosses, u-brake is Deore LX. Crankset was repainted some weeks ago. There is no model decals, though the serial number tells me it's an Eldridge Grade, so tells me the grouppo it had.

So... any info on this rare paint scheme?

Attachments

• marinasd.jpg
    marinasd.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 1,035
  • marinasd2.jpg
    marinasd2.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 1,035
Re:

Never re-painted. Paint pattern is exactly the same as other Marin Eldridge Grades, only that in a different and rare color. If it was painted again, then it was done at the same place Marin painted using that pattern.

It's beause it is not an Eldrige Grade but a Bear Valley. A friend of mine had the same bike back in the day.
The 400LX is the original equipment.

Back