Orange Prestige - Retro Hope Disc Conversion - For Sale

Re: Re:

Rob H":23f7bf05 said:
jimo746":23f7bf05 said:
Hang on... are those RC-30's? where's the brake bosses??

Not only are the brake bosses missing but the dropouts are offset to provide additional clearance for the discs, and fractionally wider crown to reposition the legs so the axel spacing remains 100mm

I see. That's pretty neat :D

Re:

A little more progress, got the front brake hose shorten, re-routed, bleed and working a dream.

Cut down the end spacer for the rear hub:

temporary_zpse1aflyyd.jpg

And modified a Hope hose guide to fit:

temporary_zpsjescgwr5.jpg

Just need to bleed the rear brake and fit some new pads.

Re: Orange Prestige - Hope Disc Upgrade on Page 7

A tiny bit more progress.

The rear calliper calls for a slightly longer skewer, so I picked up some Hope Ti skewers only to discover that they're a larger diameter and don't fit through the rear calliper bolt thing so I had to drill that out, grrrrr. Then to hack me off the rear calliper decided to piss me off and despite trying sever rear calliper halves in various states of disrepair I still can't get the f***ing thing to behave, so I'm on the lookout for a working no.2 calliper if anyone has one.

Anything here's the front brake looking like something out of the Hope catalogue:

Re: Orange Prestige - Hope Disc Upgrade on Page 7

Well I finally managed to track down a working no.2 rear calliper, I had to buy a complete set of front & rear brakes but it was worth it to get the bike finished.

I went for a test ride earlier, gears aren't quite shifting correctly but that should be a fairly easy fix. Here's some gratuitous shots of it by some old dirt jumps I found whilst out riding:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back